Saturday, June 30, 2018

Day 251

June 11, 2018                                                                                                      Day 251

Yes, you read that correctly the days went from 215 to 251.  Since I was staying in one place I saw no reason to write in my journal every day due to nothing too exciting to report happening.   It has been over a month since last I wrote in here...my how time flies by.  I ended up staying with Jason the entire time which was amazing.  I was surprised at how well we get along and how quickly I became comfortable around him.  He was gone most days until the evening so it was like having an entire house to myself and allowed me to get caught up in my business and other things.  It has also been nice to have someone in which to commerce with in the evenings.

Last night was my final night at Jasons and I feel as though we barely spent any time together yesterday.  Was it due to both of us not looking forward to saying goodbye or were we both just busy. I spent the majority of my day meal prepping and packing things up while he did laundry and worked on his RV.  By the time we had dinner we were both tired and called it a night without watching a movie or really talking.

When morning came it was a dismal one.  The weather was conveying how I was feeling for it was raining out and humid.  I was excited to be getting back on the road again for I really do not like staying in one place very long; however, I will miss the company greatly.  It took me awhile to get up for I was procrastinating but finally at 07:30 I decided I needed to get up and get on the road.  Delaying the inevitable will do no good.   I made myself eat something for breakfast although I was not hungry for I knew I would be hungry later in the day.  I also got a workout in.

Around 12:30, I had called my mom and told her I was leaving and then I slowly pulled out and away from Jason's house as the rain came down all around me.  My camper rode well with the addition of the spacers which he had added to my vehicles springs.  My destination was about five hours away at Wolf Gap Recreation Area in Woodstock, VA ($0.00).  The drive there went smoothly and thankfully I did not fight falling asleep like I usually have to.  It rained almost the entire way and I was only on the Interstate for about an hour or so; therefore, my speed was quite slow.  I listened to a Podcast about crazy ants and electricity which was interesting.  I also stopped at a scenic overlook and ate some carrots and humus on the drive.

I pulled into site #1 around 18:00 and just barely fit in the parking spot due to my length which just shows you how small the spot is since I am not very long at all.  I messaged Jason and after a I heated up a meal I sat at the back of my camper and spoke to him.  Afterwards, I brushed my teeth and crawled into my camper to write in my journal and call mom.






No comments:

Post a Comment