Saturday, June 30, 2018

Day 253

June 13, 2018                                                                                                    Day 253

I slept quite well last night and was up around 05:00 am due to the birds singing around me and the sunlight streaming in from my windows.  Inside the house, Janet (my friends mom) had made me coffee which was super nice; especially, since I live on coffee. :) When she retired from our conversation to get ready I headed back outside to get a workout in.  The workout didn't go as well as I had planned for I was tired from my hike the other day and weak from not having breakfast.  I find it interesting how our bodies change with time.  It used to be that if I ate breakfast I would be sick in the morning and now if I miss it I have no energy and develop a bad case of hangriness.   So I stopped my workout and made eggs, spinach and toast.  By this time I was sweating profusely and worked in my camper on my computer with the fan going trying to cool down some.

Around noon I ran into Gainsville, VA to look for new workout spandex since mine were literally from my high school volleyball days.  Inside the store I talked on the phone with my friend Stacie and ended up buying things I needed but still should not have spent the money on.  Leaving Gainsville, I headed back to Ashleighs parents place.  Originally, I was going to go up to Great Falls national Park but all the trails I wanted to do were closed due to flooding.  I didn't like sitting in my camper outside someone's house but I really had nothing else to do.

At 18:30 my friend showed up and we went out to eat.  The conversation went smoothly and it is hard to believe that six years has passed since we last hung out.  We reminisced about the days working at the rehab center and the things we did after work while hanging out.  Most of the conversation situated around the center and my upcoming trip into D.C..  Her and her parents were super helpful in planning my trip to D.C. and offered a lot of great advice.  I am so thankful for them and that after so much time we were able to meet again.  I only hope the next time we meet won't be so far in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment