Saturday, June 23, 2018

Day 215

May 6, 2018                                                                                           Day 215

Today I turn 28 years old.  How the time flies by without one really knowing or should I say realizing.  I am almost to 30 and almost half my life is over, depending of course on how long I live.  I always find birthdays somewhat odd for I never really feel older; it is just another day going by in my opinion.

After Jason had already gone to work and I had slept in a bit more than usual I got up in a chipper mood.  As birthday music blasted through a bluetooth speaker I made myself a breakfast of bacon, eggs and mixed vegetable that included: red bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.  The day outside was gloomy with rain threatening every minute that went by.  After eating I began watching episodes of Lucifer when my older brother called me to wish me a happy birthday.  He was currently in Boston, Massachusetts looking at a semi truck for his job.  I told him and his wife that they should check out some whale watching and do the Freedom Trail for those were things on my list to see when I get there myself.

When we hung up I decided to drive the 30 minutes into town to buy myself some wine and ice cream.  By now it was pouring rain outside and as I was putting on a jacket I remembered that I needed to install a headlight in my vehicle.  So I stood in the pouring rain for about ten minutes trying to open up the area that contains the bulb.  After I finally got it open with my wet hands and installed the light I sat in my vehicle soaking my seat with all the water that was pouring off of me. The drive itself was not bad and as I pulled into Walmart my grandma Hoefferle called me to wish me a happy birthday.  I was in a good mood when I hung up with her until I went to go checkout and found out that apparently in West Virginia one can not purchase alcohol on Sunday until 13:00!  This I find to be completely insane and stupid.  Needless to say that instantly put me in a foul mood since that is the only reason I drove all the way into town.  As I walked glumly back to my vehicle my mom called me.  I tried to be happy but I was just upset and sad now at being alone.  In either case, we talked for some time as I sat in my vehicle in the pouring rain in the Walmart parking lot.

Back at Jason's house I talked to some more people and once the rain stopped and the sun came out I went and laid out in the hammock.  Jason was able to get off of work somewhat early which was nice so he got back at around 19:00.  Upon which we ate pasta and watched a TV show before we both decided to call it a night.  I was not even close to being tired but there was nothing else to do so I just went to bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment