Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Day 206

April 27, 2018                                                                                                          Day 206

While Jason was at work I spent the majority of the morning packing up his camper for we have decided to go up to the mountains this weekend to make up for the things I was not able to do when I went by myself.  It was absolutely beautiful outside for the sun was shining brightly and it was a lovely 77 degrees out.  When I finished packing up the camper I walked down to his pond to look for salamanders.  After spotting a few but not being able to reach them Daisy (his dog) and I spent the rest of the afternoon laying out in the sun. 

When Jason got off around 17:00 he finished loading up the final things we needed and then all three of us jumped in and started down the road.  The drive would be a few hours long but the view was well worth the wait.  West Virginia truly is a wild, untamed and beautiful state.  The  hills are constantly rolling in dark, lush green grass and everything seems to be so vibrant in color.  During the drove we spoke on and off and around dinner time we both became hungry so we stopped at a Walmart and then hit up Applebees.  I loved being able to sit in the camper to eat dinner without having to climb into my bed area.  The extra space and ability to stand up is quite enjoyable if I do say so myself.

We arrived at the Gandy Creek Dispersed camping quicker then Jason had anticipated but a lot of the sites were already full.  We ended up parking in the exact same spot that I did when I was here last.  Once we were parked, we stepped out into the darkness to look up at the moon and stars.  It was a beautiful night but it was also brisk outside so we didn't stay long out.  Back inside we sat down to drink a beer or two while talking before we called it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment