Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Days 202 - 205

April 23 - 26, 2018                                                                                    Days 202 - 205

It is amazing how fast time flies on by without one really noticing.  You blink and days have passed.  It is kind of sad how time is always working against you...or at least it seems that way.  Time is one of the reasons I started this "journey" of mine.  You only get one shot at life and I refuse to say when I am older that I regret not doing more with what I was given.  I have noticed that throughout this journey my mindset has changed.  Instead of holding myself back I put myself out there more and I try to live each day to its' full potential. I don't have time to waste on petty things or people who do not truly wish to be a part of my life.  I want to devote more of myself to those who truly matter and will be there with me for the long ride.

I have been in West Virginia since the 14th of April; yet, it seems as though it has only been a day or two.  Where has the time gone?  I will admit that the main reason I have stayed as long as I have thus far is due to Jason.  It is nice to meet someone who shares a similar mindset and enthusiasm for the outdoors and understands why I love living on the road.  I have always felt a sense of....uneasiness?? Not sure if that is the word I am looking for; however, with every place I move to it isn't long until I am looking forward, over the next turn, to see what lies ahead.  Living on the road has calmed me down some and has quenched that drive inside of me...for the time being that is.

Getting back to the days at hand Jason has worked every day this week which has allowed me to have an entire house to myself.  Usually, I wake up and after making some coffee and something to eat I end up working on this blog trying to catch up.  I know one day was spent doing laundry, cleaning, organizing the refrigerator (I may be a little OCD when it comes to cleaning), and just trying to help him out the best I can to repay him for allowing me to stay with him.   Another day I went grocery shopping and made dinner for the both of us which was a little out of my league for I am so used to doing everything only for me.  Let me tell you that trying to shop for two people is quite difficult.  I think I ended up buying more then I really needed. 

I have noticed that a routine has some what set in where I work on my blog, my business and other things during the day then when he gets off work we usually hit the hot tub, eat and watch a movie or TV show while having ice cream before starting it all over again the next day.  One day when he got off work we took a stroll around his property where I came across a beautiful box turtle and then my first ever "wild" red eft salamander!  I have owned salamanders in the past but I have NEVER seen one out in the woods no matter how hard I looked.  To say I was excited would be an understatement.  It was bright orange with red spots and no bigger than my pinky finger.

During this time frame I also face timed a friend of mine which got me to thinking or more so left me sad.  I hate how for no reason at all people seem to just walk out of your life.  One minute everything is kosher, conversation comes easily and you are speaking to each other every single day and then just like that...POOF! They disappear.  I never know if I end up doing something wrong or if it is just how things happen.  It frustrates me to no end though for I do not take friendships likely and for me to let someone in takes a lot; however, it seems lately that as soon as I finally "submit" and start to put more effort into it the other person up and vanishes.  Sigh.  I guess that is just life but all it is teaching me is to never truly let anyone in.  The only person that will truly be there for you and whom you can count on is yourself.  Don't get me wrong I do not feel sorry for myself in the slightest and actually  I feel stronger because of it.  I don't crave the constant need for affection and do not mind being alone where I know there are others out there that could not fathom the idea of solitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment