Friday, September 22, 2017

Day 100

September 16, 2017                                                                                                   Day 100

Well, I must have been exhausted for last night I went to bed around 20:00 and I did not wake back up until 08:00 this morning and honestly I could have continued sleeping.  Constantly being on the go the last couple days and the stress of dealing with fixing my camper must have worn me out more than I thought. The sun was already out and bearing down on my camper so I crawled out and I knew instantly that I would not being heading to Death Valley National Park today like I had planned.  I didn't feel sick but I just did not feel right and I think I needed a day to get my vehicle and camper clean and gather myself.

So I messaged Travis, for he was going to be meeting me later in the evening, and got all of that situated with him.  Then I called mom to let her know my plan and she agreed that I needed to take a day for myself.  We talked for awhile about how her and dads dinner went the other night and about other random things that have been going on back home.  I find it quite funny how when I go to write in my journal about what we talked about I can not remember the majority of our conversations.  Maybe it is because we talk every day, multiple times a day and I can not keep it all straight and we cover such a wide range of topics every time.

After we hung up I made some coffee and then went about setting up my portable shower which I needed to use stakes this time for it had tried to run away on me.  I put my solar shower out on the ground so that the water could warm up in the sun.  Since it was a decently warm day and there was no shade anywhere in sight I decided to put up my King Camp canopy for some shade.  It went up easier than I thought it would and once I had it set up I put my chair underneath it and it was the perfect temperature under there all day long!  Once my shower and my canopy were set up it was time to do some major cleaning in my camper and vehicle.  I put my phone to play my thumbprint radio on Pandora and thoroughly cleaned and organized my vehicle and camper.  I may have been a little too OCD for I took the armor-all wipes and was using them to clean my carpets since I did not have a vacuum.  Then I was using them to wipe down all the walls and floors in my camper.

Once I had everything cleaned and scrubbed down I felt a million times better.  By now the water for my shower was at the temperature I wanted to so I grabbed my two pairs of hiking socks and climbed on in.  First, I washed my socks then I put conditioner in my hair and sat down on the floor to shave my legs.  Soon I was squeaky clean and when I stepped out in clean clothes, I put lotion on my legs and in about three minutes my hair was completely dry due to the wind and the dry air.

With absolutely everything around me, including myself, clean I made a roast beef and cheese sandwich and with a sparkling water sat in my chair, under my canopy, looking out thru the window completely at peace.  After eating, I began the process of updating my blog but since I did not have service to access the internet I typed it all up in a word document so that I could copy and paste it later.  The rest of my evening was spent sitting in that chair, listening to music and writing my blog up.  As the sky darkened and I could no longer see my journal I switched on my outside light and continued for awhile longer until I was too tired to continue.

Finally around 19:30, Travis pulled up and we sat under my canopy in the glow of my light and we caught up with each others lives while drinking beers.  The rest of the night we talked, drank and snacked on the last of my cookie dough and then my cheese and crackers.  For we were hoping to be going backpacking and none of that food would keep in my cooler during that time. Afterwards, I helped him set up his tent and by around 22:00 we decided to call it a night.


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment