Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 86

September 2, 2017                                                                                                          Day 86

I am back in a large and comfy bed and I could not be any more excited about that; the only issue is that I do not want to leave the bed and so getting up has turned into quite the chore.  This morning I laid in bed with the covers all the way up to my chin doing a mental battle on whether to crawl out from under the blankets or not.  The situation was not helped in any way with the fact that I really had nothing on the agenda for the day.  Since I do have to do laundry I figured I should start there and ran out to my vehicle to grab my clothes.  When I came back inside Sal was up and so we exchanged good mornings and I found out he was not feeling well at all. Over the last year, I have noticed that when people I know and care about become ill or are upset that I want to do everything I possible can to better the situation.  For some reason, I truly enjoy taking care of people and making sure they have everything they need and when I can not do that I feel out of place and like I am not doing my part.

Once my laundry was in the dryer I decided to head to the pool to lay out in the sun and do some swimming.  After about an hour or so I was quite toasty and ended up heading back inside to shower and go into town with Sal.  While I waited for him to accomplish some things I went to an Italian place that he suggested for brunch.  There I ordered a sub sandwich which was really tasty and I didn't realize how hungry I was until I had devoured it in only a matter of minutes.  When he met back up with me we headed over to the grocery store to do some shopping and then we went and got something else to eat and took that back to his place.  There we did a shot of tequila, ate our food and then I called my grandma to talk to her for some time.

After my conversation with my grandma I wanted to go back to the pool so I put on my now cold and wet bathing suit and headed to the pool.  Laying in the chair, with a now overcast sky, I almost fell asleep but right before that Sal had come out to join me for a little while.  We stayed at the pool for about an hour or so and then headed back inside where I set up my computer to watch a movie while in bed. With one movie out of the way it was only around 20:00 and I was no where near tired so I called my parents up and let the laughing commence.  They had just settled in for the night and true to form they are a tad, no, lot crazy!  We were laughing so hard about such random things that I had tears forming in my eyes.  I honestly can not come up with a single conversation that I have had with either of them where it didn't instantly put me in a good mood.  The more I think about it I have not laughed that hard in quite some time and they are two of the few people who make me laugh until I cry and my abs (what little ones, if any I have) hurt.  Talking to them, though, always makes me miss home and being able to see my family and watch my little brother and my nieces grow up.  Sigh...there I go again heading off topic on a small rant.

Once I hung up with them I watched one more movie to try and make myself tired so that I could obtain some rest.  With that one also out of the way I turned it all off and laid back in bed in the dark and tried to force myself to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment