Thursday, September 21, 2017

Day 94

September 10, 2017                                                                                                      Day 94

Waking up around 09:00, we walked back to his vehicle him in normal clothes me in my outfit and heels from last night so that was a tad odd and uncomfortable. Ha. This time the drive was a little more quite for I think we were both quite tired from the lack of sleep.  When he dropped me off I showed him my camper and then we hugged goodbye and I went straight to cooking some oatmeal and coffee.  While I had all of that sitting I put a load of my blankets and clothes in the washer machine that only cost $1.00 per load!  I have to say I cannot believe how dirty my blanket gets even when I wash my feet every night before getting into bed.  I was originally going to go to the tar pits around noon; however, I got into doing laundry and trying to catch up on my blog and journal that it just didn’t happen.  Before working on my blog, I spent the better part of the day calling about backpacking on Santa Cruz Island within the Channel Islands National Park.  What made calling around take so long was that my phone kept dropping all my calls so it took forever!

By the time I had a plan it was around 13:00 and I just didn’t feel like going anywhere (maybe I’m lazy?) and dealing with traffic did not appeal to me.  The main decision though as to why I didn’t go to the tar pits was that it would cost $12.00 to park and an additional $12.00 to get in.  I wanted to do the island trip way more so I chose to save the money and put it towards going to the island.  That is the one thing about being on a budget that kind of sucks: that one has to choose between things sometimes for one cannot do it all. 


Once everything was washed and dried for a total of $4.50 and I made my bed, which in itself takes at least fifteen minutes, and I took a shower.  After that I began to plan some more and then spent the rest of the evening updating my blog and finishing off my bottle of wine.  I have to say having a picnic table to work on makes things so much more comfortable.   Although I barely acquired any sleep last night I have had a bundle of energy all day long and I contribute that to my coffee.  So as I sipped on my wine and typed up my blog I jammed out to tunes on my Pandora.  In general, today went pretty well though I was a tad upset that I didn’t go out and explore but I stand by my reasoning not to.  Due to not going out I was able to accomplish laundry, updating my blog and I was able to talk to a lot of people at the RV Park for they are all just so nice!  I also skyped my mom at some point and then eventually just called it a night and forced myself to go to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment