Friday, September 8, 2017

Day 87

September 3, 2017                                                                                                           Day 87

When I woke up this morning it was early again for since I have been getting so much rest my body does not know what to do with itself.  Granted ever since I quit my two jobs my body has been acquiring way more sleep then it has ever had.   I wanted to go do something today but as I looked things up on my phone there was really nothing that interested me that didn't cost money to go do.   When I stepped out of the bedroom Sal was already up and in the kitchen and he asked if I was interested in going to get breakfast which I was completely down for.

I changed into my pink capris that I have not worn in almost a year and put on my favorite navy shirt and when he emerged from his room we drove over to The Breakfast Club.  As we were passing the front entrance he let me out so that I could get our name on the list while he parked the car.  It would only be a ten minute wait so I went and sat outside and when he joined me we sat out there under the misters talking about random things and telling childhood stories.  When my phone went off, saying our table was ready, we headed inside and sat down. We both ordered orange juice, placed our food order and before I knew it our plates were being set down in front of us.  The food was quite delicious and I had ordered the huevos rancheros and just about ate the entire thing.  Conversation continued effortlessly and when it came time to pay the bill I wanted to cover it since he has so graciously been letting me stay at his place for free and had already taken me to dinner last time.  He wouldn't let me pay though and we playfully fought over whose card to use but he beat me to it when he saw the waitress coming up from behind me and handed her his card!  All in all it was quite hilarious and I greatly appreciated him treating me to breakfast.  To offset my loss he allowed me to pay for our coffee at our next stop for the morning.

From The Breakfast Club, we strolled down a block or so to a coffee place were we both got something to drink and sat at a high table near the window.  The coffee was superb but the conversation was even better.  We covered quite a few topics ranging from family to our adventures  and we spoke and laughed freely.  I do have to say that I am quite surprised that I remember almost all that he has told me which is interesting since lately I have had such a horrible memory.  Yet, I am able to recount almost every single thing we spoke about and have spoken about.  With our coffees finished we left the coffee shop and walked back to his vehicle to head back to his place.

Back at the house, we did a shot of tequila and I have to say tequila is my weakness it tastes so great and goes down so smoothly!  If only I could make my own I would be set for life; though, I would probably not be very productive with anything else.  He was going to ice his back for awhile but before he did he got everything out so that I could make myself a margarita.  With a margarita in hand I found a Ernest Hemingway novel of his and sat down on the couch to read that while sipping on my drink.  A few pages in a friend of mine called me up so I went into the bedroom to speak with him for awhile and then I went back out to the couch.  Before I continued to read anymore Sal came out and made both of us margaritas and a little while after that I asked if he would be interested in watching a movie later on to which he replied he would be.  After we sat on the couch together going thru movies on amazon prime we narrowed it down to two movies and while they were downloading he got out some snacks and we moved to drinking Guinness beers.

First up in the movie department was CHIPS and it was hilarious and we both laughed throughout the show while eating chips and salsa.  After that movie was completed I acquired another beer and we started watching the second movie which was Baywatch.  Though Baywatch was a decent show we both agreed that CHIPS was the better of the two and was more comedic.   When both shows were over it was around 19:30 so we decided to go out and eat some sushi from a place he has been to a few times before.  We decided to share two rolls and while we waited the conversation continued effortlessly and dealt mostly with childhood stories.

With dinner done, we had to walk past the ice cream shop we had stopped at last time I was in town and he was determined that I get an ice cream; which, I mean I really didn't put up a fight at all because who says no to ice cream?   I knew he didn't care for chocolate flavored things so I was going to get a vanilla cone or something none chocolate but he wanted to make sure that I got something chocolate for he knew that is what I really wanted.  After going back and forth we finally settled on a chocolate and vanilla swirl fudge sundae.  I do say I feel bad for the poor woman that was handling our order for I said both chocolate and vanilla while he was telling her to do all chocolate! HaHa. In the end, the sundae came out with chocolate and vanilla and we sat down on bright blue chairs, under misters and shared the sundae: though I ate the majority of it.   With the sundae gone we walked back to his vehicle, commenting on the moon, and when we got to the vehicle he opened my door for me.

Back at his place, I changed into pajamas and we sat down on the couch to watch a little bit of american ninja warrior before heading to bed. I do have to admit that as I went to bed that night I dreaded the coming of morning for it meant that I would have to go.  Though I need to get back on my trip it will be difficult to leave such great company and I am honestly not looking forward to being alone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment