Thursday, September 13, 2018

Day 302

Day 302                                                                                               August 1, 2018

The sun was shining bright outside but I woke up tired and exhausted from a restless night of bad dreams.  We didn’t eat breakfast for we were going to find something on our way to Vermont; however, we didn’t see anything, so we stopped at a Dunkin Donuts though I absolutely hate their food.  All in all, I was irritable, tired and did not feel well.

Passing into Vermont the countryside was at first dotted with maple syrup farms.  Then it turned into rundown homes that reminded me of West Virginia.  When we neared Stowe, Vermont the houses became more put together and the landscape was a brighter shade of green and mountains rose up in the background.  Talking about the houses reminds me of Maine for I don’t think I described the houses there.  The houses in Maine were interesting for the majority of the houses were connected to their barns and therefore one large building.  I wonder if the reasoning behind that is so one does not have to walk outside in the difficult winters to get to the barn?

In Stowe, Jason was able to do some mountain biking while I napped the entire two hours he was gone.  Upon his return I still felt weak, my chest felt like someone was sitting on it for it was difficult to breathe and I was super tired.  We drove towards some free camping south of us; stopping along the way for a delicious pub burger and drink at the Prohibition Pig in Waterbury, VT.  The air was humid, and rain was in the air as we continued our drive to the camping area.  To see this place in fall would be something else for the trees on one side of the road seem to be reaching out to the trees on the other side.  As we neared our campsite, I was daydreaming of seeing a moose when around a bend in the road a huge female moose was right in the road! Once we parked, we played skip-bo for a little bit and then I promptly went back to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment