Thursday, September 13, 2018

Day 310

Day 310                                                                                                           August 9, 2018

I slept well last night, and it sounded wonderful when it began to rain outside.  I laid in bed for a while after waking up while Jason made us coffee.   Our trip is almost over, and I honestly do not know how I feel about it.  What do I want to do?  I know that I love life on the road and never want to stop traveling and exploring the world.  There is just too much out there to see and do to be cooped up in one area my entire life.   Sigh… in either case we played skip-bo and then I showered, and we hit the road.

The drive went by nicely although it felt like we were on the road all day.  At noon, we stopped at a Barnes and Noble where I bought a new journal and two more books from the Blackdagger Brotherhood series.  Two more hours on the road and we ended up at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology which was nothing like I had expected.  Back in college, in my ornithology class, we had to create a “review” of sorts on a bird and then submit it to this lab for submission into their online directory of birds.  When we pulled in there was nothing to see there and was honestly a waste of our time in my opinion.  From there we drove to a hike in Ithaca but due to having to pay to access the area we turned around and went to a Walmart.

For dinner we drove to a Buffalo Wild Wings to use up the gift cards Jason had won from work.  The food was subpar at best and there was little conversation.  Back at Walmart, we got a few things and then watched a movie before calling it a day.  Not a very exciting or remarkable day.



hummingbirds

No comments:

Post a Comment