Thursday, September 13, 2018

Day 309

Day 309                                                                                               August 8, 2018

I felt groggy and tired this morning from drinking last night but it was a beautiful day out.   Unfortunately, the forecast said it would rain all day long, so we decided to not do the hike and then it turned out to not rain the entire day.  We then thought about doing it tomorrow but the more I thought about it the more I leaned towards not doing it for I don’t have to do EVERY hike that I find.  Also, I would like to do it in two days but the rangers and the people manning the lodge kept telling me different things, so I would like to plan this hike out more if I were to do it.  In the end we decided against hiking it.  I have noticed that I do tend to want to do all the hikes I hear about, but I need to realize that it is not challenge I need to partake in and that I should really focus on the hikes I really want to do.

Before having to vacate the campground, we ate breakfast outside while once again playing skip-bo.  As we pulled out of the campground we headed in the direction of a canoe rental place in St. Regis that Jason had found.  The outfitters had a lot of things I wanted and after looking at the trips we decided to not spend the money on a trip since it was going to “rain”.  Once again, we were on the road; this time driving to a camping area that was again supposed to be free.

The drive reminded me of Michigan or Wisconsin except the area here had a lot more lakes.  Everyone seemed to have a canoe or kayak which made we want to be on the water even more.  We stopped for lunch at a church where we played skip-bo…imagine that! J Around 16:00, we pulled onto McKeaver road to find free camping in Old Forge, NY.  The site we had was elevated and upon stepping out of the camper we found hundreds of little toads!


I cleaned my camera and we watched the rest of a movie while eating popcorn and drinking beer.  For dinner we had pizza again and both of us wanted to do something but there was not much to do in the area and it was getting late out.   I will say that I hate wasting a day in a place I may never come back to.                                                                          




No comments:

Post a Comment