Thursday, September 13, 2018

Day 315

Day 315                                                                                   August 14, 2018

Bed did not come immediately to us like we had planned; instead, we stayed up until about 01:00 am.  When I woke though I was not tired and after breakfast we headed over to Cedar Point amusement park.  It was as good thing that we arrived early, even though they didn’t open until 10:00, for at 09:00 am it was already busy.  I had already paid online for the both of us to get in so we did not have to worry about getting tickets when we arrived.

The entire day was hot and the majority of our time was spent waiting in line.  I find it fascinating that we will wait in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes for only a two-minute ride!  I really only enjoyed myself while I was on the rides; so maybe a total of 10-15 minutes out of the entire time we were there (09:00 – 18:00). The first ride we went on knocked the air right out of my lungs!  With a height of 420 feet, a drop of 400 feet and a speed of 120 mph it was insane!


Most of the morning I was feeling weak and tired from the heat and possibly the lack of food so we ate at Famous Dave’s before waiting in line some more.  I was irritated that although I paid $130.00 to get in we still had to pay to see the dinosaur attraction (which we didn’t) or to go to the water park.  Though it wasn’t a bad day I was ready to leave the crowds and the heat.  Oh! I also have chigger bites from a couple nights ago. UGH!  Once we got back to the camper we downed a bottle of water and then headed to the Walmart. At Walmart, we bought beer and another pizza.  I then showered, and we watched “Like Father” while drinking some delicious beers.       




No comments:

Post a Comment