Thursday, September 13, 2018

Day 313

Day 313                                                                                               August 12, 2018

Wow! I cannot believe how quite this Walmart is!  I had awoken at one point during the night and there was not a sound to be heard: no vehicles, no people talking, not even anything on the road.  It was awesome and even more quiet then some spots in the woods.  Again, it was cold out when I woke so I had a long sleeve shirt on while I drank coffee.  At 07:00 am, we were on the road to Niagara Falls an hour north of us.

Once we found RV parking we were happily surprised to find out we didn’t have to pay $10.00 to park!  After Jason spoke to a helpful park employee we started off on the paved trail to the three sister falls.  Right at first glance of the might Niagara river I was blown away by her ferocity and size!  She was moving so swiftly and there was so much volume to her I could barely believe it.  When we arrived at the main falls there was a spectacular rainbow!  The falls were mind blowing at their size and just how much water there is.  We continued to walk around and by now it was 81 degrees out and I was sweating a great deal.

I had wanted to do the cave walk where you put on a poncho and special shoes to go down under bridal falls; however, when we came back to the are to purchase tickets ($20.00) the line was so long I estimated it would take about two hours! I was torn for I didn’t want to stand in line that long, but I felt like I was not really experiencing Niagara.  In the end we didn’t do it and I silently swore at myself for not listening to Jason when we said we should do it right away.

Leaving the park, we drove to the Robert Moses Niagara Hydroelectric power station where we received cool passes with our pictures on them and learned about the plant.  They had a lot of cool, innovative and interactive displays.  From there we drove to Whirlpool State Park to see the area where the Niagara river forms a massive whirlpool and when the plant cuts off water and lowers the levels the direction of the whirlpool reverses!

All day I had a headache and felt so tired so maybe that is why I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  I am also really dreading the end of this trip and hence the end of my journey.  I still have no clue what I will do afterwards though I need to make money.  I also love living on the road and I don’t want it to end.  I am writing all of this while lying in bed under a ceiling fan while Jason is mountain biking within Sprague Brook Park Campground.  By the time he got back to the camper I was already tipsy off of just one beer.  As he put his bike away we decided to just cook dinner here instead of at the Walmart.  So I started cooking up stuffed mushrooms and making our burgers which we ate at a picnic table while playing skip-bo.  Soon it was too dark to see anything I we were both being eaten alive by bugs so we packed up and drove back to the Walmart from the other night.


















No comments:

Post a Comment