Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 161



November 16, 2017                                                                                                  Day 161

Thankfully I did not die in my sleep last night for I had forgotten to open my window or my vent last night.  All night long the wind shook my camper which I have to say that the rocking of my camper and the hum of semis (which I have now become used to) put me right to sleep and I slept so well.  Climbing out of my camper in the morning, after changing into my workout clothes, I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and try to tame the rats nest that is my hair.  Then I made some oatmeal while videotaping it to post on Facebook later though I hate being recorded.

With my breakfast over and my hot coffee by my side I took off on a dirt highway south towards Nebraska.  It was an enjoyable ride and the view of the countryside was not bad either.  I have noticed the one big consistency in every state are the cows and horses.  Every state, no matter the environment seems to have them.  As I entered Nebraska the land was still vast but the terrain contained more hills and the grass seemed to me to be higher.  Soon I was entering the town of Valentine, Nebraska where I pulled into a small dirt parking lot that led to the Cowboy trail.  It was there that I ran 2.15 miles and walked that same distance back to my vehicle all while gale force winds threatened to knock me over at any given moment!

Afterwards I became extremely frustrated that I could not open the lock to the back hatch of my camper.  After messing with it for over a half hour I gave up and decided a bolt cutter was needed for I was done with this lock.  During this ordeal my mom called for she too was not having a good day so we talked for a little bit while I ate one of my yogurt combos.  Hanging up with her I went and bought a bolt cutter, a bottle of tequila and a bag of Doritos…basically, the essentials of life. 
Driving out of Valentine in search of a place to spend the night I just happened to pass a sign that illustrated camping down a road on my right so I turned my camper around in the middle of the highway (don’t worry no one was coming for miles) and decided to see where it led.  I am happy that I decided to take this route out of the blue for it led me to a beautifully isolated camping area right on a lake.  There was only one other camper there whom I believe was there to hunt for they were gone until dusk and left the next morning.

Once I parked my camper the wind was still just a howling though I am sure it didn’t help that I was camped right on a lake either.  I changed out of my smelly workout clothes and for the first time in quite a while it was warm enough (61 degrees) for me to sit in my camper with the door open and my bare feet hanging out!  I stayed in that position with a drink in my hand the entire time I spoke to my mom.  Then I made dinner and proceeded to drink about half the bottle of tequila while reading my book and cleaning out my life.  It is time for a new chapter of my life to begin.

















No comments:

Post a Comment