Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 162



November 17, 2017                                                                                                    Day 162

I slept so well due to it actually being somewhat warm out and also because I had tequila.  I did wake up again at 04:10 am but was able to go right back to sleep.  I was then up for good before the sun rose so that I could watch it rise thru the little window that leads out to my galley.  When it was just at the right height I walked down to the water to get some better pictures.  I made some oatmeal for breakfast and ate it inside my camper and only my fingers were cold. 

When my breakfast was done I wanted to do a workout but my videos for some reason wouldn’t play and then the more I thought about it I realized I probably wouldn’t have time anyways since I had a long drive ahead of me and did not want to arrive too late at my friends’ friend’s house.  So I decided to dress in regular clothes and get ready to get on the road for the six hour drive I had ahead of me.

I noticed as I drove how the terrain changed from a hilly countryside covered in cows and trains to fields of corn that had already been cultivated for the season.  The area of cornfields looked almost identical to southern Wisconsin and if I didn’t know any better I would have thought I was in Wisconsin.  Altogether, the drive was long and boring and I fought off sleep for the majority of it.  I pulled into the driveway of the woman I would be meeting at precisely 17:00 and as I approached the door I was greeted by a smiling and welcoming woman.  She was very friendly and I instantly liked her and would later find out that we have a quite a bit in common with each other.  

After giving me a tour of her beautiful home and we had sat and talked for some time on the couch we headed out to pick up some horse feed and grab some dinner.  The first place we went to for dinner was crowded so we headed to a Mexican place that had really good margaritas and the food was delicious.  We spent the entire dinner talking away and it was so nice to be able to hang out with another woman and someone whom I seemed to get along with really well.  After dinner we went back to her home and she was kind enough to let me sleep inside so I had a comfy and warm place for the night which was absolutely heaven!  During the night I was joined by two of her cats one of which lay right on my face and even though I am allergic to them I like them so I did not push them away.  I am just happy that I did not react to them and was able to breathe fine all night.  It was quite peaceful listening to them purr the night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment