Friday, February 23, 2018

Day 172

November 27, 2017                                                                                                 Day 172

Today is just a shitty day.  I woke up well rested but with a migraine.  I made my usual oatmeal and then drove back to Lebanon Hill State Park to workout and possibly be able to wash and dry my hair.  First, my phone has started to have a mind of its own and change my route while I am driving so that I have to keep checking to make sure it hasn't rerouted me.  At the park, I went to do a workout yet due to the cold air that hurt my lungs and taking a few days off I was out of shape and sluggish.  I even forced myself to do a core workout that didn't go well either.  Afterwards, I went to the restroom where I washed my hair in the sink and plugged in my hairdryer to blow dry my hair and then straighten it.  Unfortunately, I did not get all of the conditioner out of my hair so it became greasy and I was not about to wash it again.  As I sat in my vehicle with it running, taking up only two spots, a sheriff along with a trainee and came up and said I should park somewhere else for I was blocking the road.  I was not in the way at all for she had drove right by me with no problem at all but none the less I moved a few feet away where she had suggested.

I found out that the house I had planned on seeing today was closed and then the museums I was interested in were also closed.  Mondays are not good days to try and do things for I guess normal people are at work and not sight seeing :).  My migraine still had not dissipated and I just did not know what I wanted so I decided to go see Thor: Ragnorak which only cost $10.00.  As far as I am concerned any movie with Chris Hemsworth is amazing and this movie was really quite good though more comedic then I was expecting.

With the movie over I noticed my Shakeology had been received at the post office so I drove over there before it closed (it is now a few minutes to 17:00 when the post office closes).  I was told I had to go down the hall to pick up my package. So down the hall I went and as I reached the window I was greeted by a very unfriendly woman who first told me they did not have my package and when I asked where it was for they had emailed me telling me that in fact my package was at this office she informed me that they sent it back with the carrier for they do not accept packages at a post office.  Well, now I am irate and confused for throughout my entire trip I have been receiving packages via post offices.  When I asked to talk to someone she told me there is no one who can help me and that I have to call the FedEx help line or something.  In a mad fury I stormed back to my vehicle (thankfully I did not have a ticket and was able to pull forward into a more acceptable spot) and called up FedEx who informed me that someone working at the post office I was just in signed for my package and that they should have it there for me.  So I explained to this person what I was told by the lady inside and they said that was very odd and would have to get in touch with the driver to see what transpired but that they won't be able to do that until tomorrow.  In the meantime I need to file a claim for they do not know where my package is and it would take at least two days for them to get back to me.

Thankfully, Megan responded to my message earlier about getting drinks for I was in dire need of a drink.  I met up with her and one of her friends and we all went out for a drink and food and conversation.  When I left them at her place I had no where else to go so I went back yet again to the same rest area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment