Friday, February 23, 2018

Day 170

November 25, 2017                                                                                                             Day 170

When my alarm went off at 05:00 am I did not want to get up and laid back down until it sounded again ten minutes later.  I quickly shut it off and laid there until 05:45 when I knew I had to get up if I was going to make it to Megan's by 10:00.  It was cold and dark out and I made coffee in my vehicle while I applied makeup and changed my clothes.  I had grabbed the wrong jeans so I had to quickly run to the back of my vehicle in my underwear to grab the right ones.  It was quite chilly haha.  By 06:19 I was on the road heading towards Minnesota, drinking coffee and eating yogurt as country music poured out of the speakers.

The majority of the drive was spent talking to my mom about some interesting drama back home. She also informed me of how a very special person to me was upset about my trip and wondering when I was going to stop and get a real job.  It broke my heart to hear this.  I  believe in my trip and what I am doing.  I have been working ever since I left high school and for the majority of it I have been working two jobs and not living life by my terms.  I saved up a lot of money to do this, granted at the time I did not know what I was saving the money for, and have never been one to scoff at work.  I know what hard work is and I also know that I will have to go back to working and saving money again but right now I am the happiest I ever been and wouldn't change my decision for anything.   I see how everyone around me suffers, working themselves into the ground and for what?  They are not happy.  They make do with what they have and I love them for their work ethic but that kind of life is not for me.  I only have one life to live and I refuse to be miserable and spend every day just trying to get by.  I want to live it to the fullest that I can.  It really hurts me that they are not supportive of my decision.  Just once it would be nice to have someone that supports my decisions and is not upset when I succeed in something or finds the negative in everything. Sigh...I apologize for my little rant let us get back on topic.

At 10:00, I pulled into her apartment complex in Bloomington, MN and rang the buzzard.  I was greeted by a woman I used to know almost as well as myself for we lived across the street from each other as kids and spent almost every day together.   It has been almost ten years since last we saw one another and as we sat on her couch catching up on each others lives her little kitten curled up in my lap.  A little bit later we left to explore the sculpture garden with the famous spoon bridge and cherry sculpture.  I liked the park and as we approached the park a giant blue rooster stole the spotlight from the spoon and cherry.  I loved that rooster!   As we walked around we chatted often and laughed even more and it felt as though we had never been apart.  From the sculpture park we drove to the Como Park Zoo and Marjorie McNeely Conservatory.

Both were free to the public and since it was winter there was hardly anyone there and all the animals were inside.  The conservatory was attached to the zoo and we went in search of the one plant I wanted to really see, the corpse plant, which smells like rotting flesh.  We soon learned that the corpse plant was recently (like two days ago) removed from the exhibit and may not be back for another three years!  Oh well.  It was still a great way to spend an hour or so.

By the time we were leaving the zoo and conservatory we were both hungry, I was ravenous, so we stopped at a place she goes to often.  I ate my entire burger and sweet potato fries and we continued to talk about our lives and other things.  I felt as though the conversation flowed easily; though, as we left we both felt like it was 21:00 but it was only 14:30!  This day just seemed to keep going though we have already seen a lot.  She then took me to the Mall of America for I have never been before.  I knew it was big but I never realized just how big it really was until we were walking around inside of it.  We walked around the entire thing, all four floors, and there were so many stores I wanted to go into but I didn't for I knew I would find something I would want to buy and not be able to; especially, since I need new clothes.  Maybe I can convince my mom to come here with me just so we can spend a day looking at things and doing something together.

After the mall, we drove back to her place and after an always awkward good bye I sat in my vehicle in the parking lot until I found a rest area on I35 near Elko, MN to spend the night.






No comments:

Post a Comment