Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 166



November 21, 2017                                                                                                     Day 166

The wind was still blowing outside when I awoke and it was so cold that I nestled deeper into my sleeping bag and laid there until about 08:00.  I then got out and made a yogurt combo which I ate while talking to my mom inside my vehicle.  We talked for a good solid hour about all the progress she is making on the house and I have to say that I amvery proud of her for taking the initiative.  She also informed me of some disturbing and worrisome news about some members of my family that I won’t share on here out of respect of their privacy.

Around 09:20 I drove to The World War I Museum that opens at 10:00 and since I arrived a few minutes early I snacked on some medjool dates (which is basically like candy to me) before heading inside.  The museum was amazing and so full of knowledge on WWI.  There was an introduction video where I discovered that the war that involved the entire world took only one week to transpire and was all due to the assassination of one man and would take the lives of millions.  Granted I know that there were already other events that had fueled it and this was just the tipping stone but still.  I heard from one of the personal working there that what I was seeing was only 20% of what the museum has! I found it interesting to read the timeline they had on the events of the war and under that were also other major events that were taking place that were unrelated to the war like certain musicians that were making history: it was all so surreal.  I also enjoyed reading the individuals accounts of the war and seeing the items that were used during that time frame.  There was literally so much information and though I tried my hardest to read everything there was undoubtedly some things that I missed.  Before leaving I wanted to buy a sticker to add to my collection; however they were asking $5.00!

When I neared my vehicle I was talking to Sal and I realized that I had spent five hours in the museum!  As I left the museum I drove north towards the Iowa border and around sunset I pulled into King Lake CA near King City, Missouri.  The wind was whipping at around 15 mph and it was 30 degrees out but I still got dressed in my workout clothes and in the dark, by the light of my camper, with coyotes all around me I did a workout.  Once it was over I heated up one of my meals inside my camper where I was trying to be warm.  At 07:30, I listened in on a conference call for my team beachbody group which was somewhat difficult to follow for I had poor service.  When that finished I had a message from Sal saying he had called me but for some reason it was not showing up on my phone.  In the end, he called me back and we had a wonderful conversation until it was time for both of us to hit the sack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment