Friday, February 23, 2018

Day 167

November 22, 2017                                                                                            Day 167

I slept throughout the night waking at 07:00 to my camper covered in frost and me freezing cold!  I quickly ran to my vehicle and turned up the heat.  First, I boiled some water for coffee and then I made oatmeal; however, in between doing so I leaned up against my littler burner without realizing it until feathers started to appear.  Soooo I ended up burning a hole in my down jacket which is now covered up with gorilla tape.  I guess it is time to look for a new jacket.

When breakfast was over I changed into my workout clothes and suffered in the 16 degree weather to do two workouts: MMA Speed 2.0 and Core Kinetics. As is the case with almost every workout I felt fabulous afterwards albeit I was still cold.  I picked up everything and attempted to do my dishes but the water and the sponge began freezing solid while I was washing the dishes!  It was literally that cold out.  I quickly threw down the sponge, tossed my dishes into my sink and briskly walked to my vehicle where I placed my almost numb fingers against the heating vent.  It goes without saying that the dishes did not get washed.  After I closed up my camper I got back on the road in the direction of Winterset, Iowa.

The landscape didn't change as I drove and was uninteresting to me for all it was farm after farm.  Near Winterset, I stopped at two covered bridges and snapped some pictures and then continued towards Des Moines where I was to pick up my Shakeology package.  It was there the problems started...

First,  I had to park in a no parking zone on the side of the road due to not being able to park in the parking garage and there was nowhere nearby to go.   Second, after waiting in line for quite some time I was told that my package was not there!  Now I was really pissed off for I am getting pretty tired of having to deal with this. As I pulled away from the post office I drove to a Walmart to call the company that sent my package out.  Apparently, the person I spoke to at the company wrote down the right address but the wrong city so they returned my package and the idiot I spoke to could not comprehend that I am traveling and have no permanent place to have a package sent too.  I was informed that I could get in within 2 to 3 business days but I would have to pay for the shipping! What the fuck! It was their mistake why the hell should I have to pay.  I can't have it sent home for my family would then know I was heading home.  I was in a terrible mood and just couldn't  handle talking to this guy anymore so I ended the call and decided I would just call back later once I figured out where I will be in a few days and if there is a post office near there that accepts general delivery.

In the meantime, I know that once I am in this bad of a mood very few things can cheer me up and my day is pretty much shot in the ass.  The city is beautiful and I would love to explore it but with my mood and the inaccessibility of the city for campers I decided that I would just have to come back sometime in the future without my camper and hopefully in the company of someone whom I like.   In the end, I bought some food from Wendy' s and  drove North towards the city of Polk where I parked at a boat ramp for the evening.

There I ate my sandwich, did my dishes, cleaned out my cooler for my yogurt had an accident and prepped my camper for the night.  My mom called and we spoke for a little bit and I told her that I was still near Nebraska.  It is so difficult lying to my family; especially my mother but it will be worth it when I surprise them.




No comments:

Post a Comment