Friday, February 23, 2018

Day 168

November 23, 2017                                                                                                      Day 168

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Early this morning I heard trucks pulling in but since I was at a boat ramp I figured they were heading out to duck hunt so I was not concerned and easily went back to sleep.  Since I had no where to be today I was in no rush to get going in the morning so I just laid in bed until I was hungry for breakfast.  As I crawled out I was surprised that it was not cold and I was able to make coffee and oatmeal without freezing in the process.

I contemplated doing a workout but in the end I figured I would give myself a day off since it was a holiday.  Also, it was almost 09:00 so I wanted to call around to see if a library or a Starbucks was open where I could get some work done.  As I assumed, the library was not open but Starbucks was so I got dressed and headed back into town.  I spent the majority of the day at Starbucks looking up material on coaching for beachbody, messaging people on Facebook, updating my excel spreadsheets and working on my blog.  My blog has started to become a pain in my ass for it is preventing me from uploading pictures (hence why I am just now updating my blog :) ).  While I was working on all of these things Sal called to say happy thanksgiving and so did my older brother, mom and grandma hoefferle. 

Around 14:00 I left to go to Walmart to buy something to eat for I was quite hungry.  I then drove to Madrid to see the high trestle bridge.  It was about a four mile walk altogether from the parking area to the bridge and back.  The view was not terrible either; though, I will admit I felt quite lonely. The bridge and walkway were filled with families and couples out enjoying the warm weather and it made me wish that I had someone to share all of this with.  As I stood looking out over the bridge the sun began to slowly go down and with it the temperature dropped.  By 17:00 it was time to start walking back to my camper before it became too dark and I would not be able to see the trail.  As I walked back across the bridge the blue lights came on and an old man riding a bicycle, with feathers in his hat, rode down the bridge beating a cattail against the railing and the seeds softly floated up into the sky.







No comments:

Post a Comment