Friday, February 23, 2018

Day 169

November 24, 2017                                                                                                  Day 169

It was early, around 06:00, when I woke up and stepped outside in my workout clothes.  I made some oatmeal and cleaned up my camper before grabbing my yoga mat to go look for somewhere to work out.  The grass in the surrounding area was soft; yet, the ground was very uneven which made balancing for my kicks quite difficult along with doing pushups.  The dynamic strength workout I chose to do did not go as well as I had hoped but I pushed thru and finished it along with a 15 minute core kinetics workout.  By the time my workout was finished the sun was almost completely up and I felt amazing!

Leaving Madrid, Iowa I drove twenty minutes North to Ledges State Park. I have to say that I am completely shocked and can not get over how warm it is out.  The temperature on my phone is telling me that it is 67 degrees out! I don't even need to wear my jacket to stay warm. At the state park it was like fall all over again for the ground was completely covered in leaves. Signs for the trails did not exist at all and after wondering around on my own for awhile I met up with a woman who was walking with her backpack and weights.  So I kind of just tagged along with her and we talked the entire time which was quite enjoyable.  She just turned 54 four days ago but looked much younger then that and was full of energy.  When we reached the parking area I showed her my camper and then we found each other on Facebook before parting ways.

From there I went on another short trail which was followed by me parking my camper in a sunny, isolated lot where I set up my camp chair in the grass and read a book. As I sat there soaking up the rays of the sun (just like those kids from Washington in that Twilight movie) lady bugs seemed to be coming out of the wood works and walking all over my book to the point where I had to be careful I did not squish any between the pages.  Awhile later I decided to wash my hair which entailed me filling up my squirt bottle with water, spritzing my hair and using my brush to pull the water thru my hair to completely wet it.  I then used a towel to dry my hair and added some leave in conditioner.

As I left the park, I headed North for earlier I had spoken to an old high school friend and was planning on meeting up with her tomorrow at 10:00 in Minneapolis.  In the meantime, the drive was a stressful for I was fighting against the strong winds that blew over the barren crop fields the entire time.  Within an hour, I was tired and found a place near Kanawha, Iowa that was free.  Cell service was not the best and the location itself was not grand but I wanted to eat and curl up in my bed.  So I lit my candle, loaded my things into my camper and heated up my dinner.  Oh...and I burnt another hole in my jacket lol maybe I should not be wearing my jacket while I cook?   Inside my camper, with the candle burning away I ate, read my book and updated my word document where I was typing up my blog entries to publish once I got home.







No comments:

Post a Comment