Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 164



November 19, 2017                                                                                                       Day 164

Though I woke up at 02:00 I then fell back to sleep until after 07:00.  I changed clothes under my sleeping bag and crawled out of my camper to an empty parking lot.  I went inside to use the restroom and then drove west to Nebraska City to stop at the Walmart to get stamps and then I drove south towards Kansas.  It was a really boring drive and I fought off sleep for the majority of it.   I would also like to mention that the drivers within Nebraska are very rude and love to use their horns and ride right on your tail!  As I entered Kansas I passed fewer and fewer people, which was nice, and the landscape remained like it was in Nebraska and hence southern Wisconsin.  As I neared  Kansas City the landscape contained more trees and I saw more hawks.  

The spot I had originally planned to camp at had no cell phone service and I just got a bad feeling from it and so I decided to pay for a night at the Walnut Grove RV park near the city.  Once I was there and backed in and went to the restroom where I ended up meeting a gentleman whom I would then spend the next thirty or so minutes talking to.  We exchanged information and would be following each other’s blogs/websites.  Walking back to my camper I called my mother to quickly let her know where I was presumably staying and proceeded to meal prep.

This meal prep went quickly for first I boiled a dozen eggs,  cooked asparagus, chopped up three bell peppers and a lot of jalapenos, cooked up three chicken breasts, steamed some broccoli and made some oatmeal all while the wind whipped around me with such force.  Since I left South Dakota the wind has never relented…not once!  With everything cooked and put away in my cooler I did the dishes and then heated up a meal of: chicken, broccoli and asparagus for dinner.  I ate that on the back of my teardrop while listening to music and really not thinking too much about anything.  Once I had everything cleaned up for good I shut my back hatch and brushed my teeth before climbing in.

Inside I lit my new candle (Darkest Sandalwood), made another drink and continued to watch some more episodes of Stranger Things 2.  While I was watching an episode my good friend Stacie called me and we ended up talking for some time and she was able to give me some advice on some feelings I have been having.  Then another really good friend of mine, Sal, called me and we spoke for about thirty minutes and that put me in a wonderful mood.  As soon as I hung up with him my grandmother called me and we talked for a few minutes before I was finally able to get back to my show; though by this point I was exhausted from all the talking. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment