Friday, February 23, 2018

Day 171

November 26, 2017                                                                                                 Day 171

I woke up at the rest area well rested and I did not get out of bed until some time after 07:00.  Inside my vehicle, I mixed yogurt and granola and ate that while contemplating a place I may be able to stay at and shower before surprising my family.  I called the only two places in the area that had somewhere to shower but as it was barely 08:00 no one answered.  Thankfully, Minnesota still has a Trader Joe's so I drove there to do some grocery shopping.

From Trader Joe's I fueled up and drove to Lebanon Hills City Park where I then spent the day, until 15:00, meal prepping.  It wasn't too cold out but my feet were freezing which I could have solved by putting different shoes on but do you think I did?  Of course not that would just be too simple.  As I was cooking some asparagus a family stopped by and the husband just loved my camper and asked if I minded sharing my story and showing his two kids my camper.  He was super nice and offered a home cooked meal and a place for me to fill up my water so we swapped contact information in case I decided to go to their home.  Since I was going to be home in a day or so I was not concerned about being low on water and though I was intrigued to hear their own story I honestly just wanted to be alone.  Is that weird?

A little while after they left Sal asked if I wanted to Face time so I finished up the asparagus and headed into my camper to talk with him for a little bit before I continued cooking.  I really enjoy our conversations and I find it easy to open up with him and so I told him about not having support from those close to me and it was reassuring to hear that he supports what I am doing and thinks it is a wonderful thing.   When our call ended I finished cooking and cleaning up.  With my meals prepped and my kitchen cleaned up I really did not know what I wanted to do or should do so I drove to a Pilot truck stop and spoke with my beach body coach.  Then I went back to the rest area I was at the previous night and stayed there for the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment