Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 165



November 20, 2017                                                                                                Day 165

The day started out with such promise and then it decided to just go downhill.  As I woke up I felt so refreshed and didn’t  wake up once during the night.  It was a little after 07:00 so I got out of my camper and walked to the restroom.  It wasn’t too cold out but also not warm due to the strong winds that were still blowing.  Back at my vehicle, I made oatmeal (this time using an apple) and it was not that great and I think I will stick with the banana.  I then went and changed into my workout clothes and proceed to have a crappy workout for my legs were on fire from the Cross Fit workout the other day.  I also just was not feeling it at all even though I wanted to work out.  Sal did make me feel better about it though by saying that everyone, himself included, has bad workouts.

Afterwards, I started straightening up my camper and vehicle and went to take a steaming hot shower that felt glorious.  I blow dried and straightened my hair, filled up two water bottles and took a bunch of paper towels with me.  Back at my vehicle and about to head to the museum is when things began to go downhill.  First, I found out that the WWI museum is closed on Mondays (which I should have looked up beforehand) so I then decided I would just go to an art museum; however, that was also closed on Mondays.  I was then going to go to the huge Kansas City Public Library but they only had a parking garage and therefore I would not be able to take my camper there.  In the end, I resorted to going to a Starbucks to try and get caught up in my blog and some other things.  Though I love Starbucks I hate how expensive it is and I am out of gift cards.

At Starbucks it started off decent but then when I went to upload my pictures from my camera to my blog the pictures wouldn’t load and here I found out that though my computer was connected to the internet via my phone it was somehow not connected to my phone itself.  So this already makes no sense to me and I spent the next two hours trying to solve the problem and not getting anywhere. Eventually, I just gave up and decided to continue blogging without having the pictures which I am not happy about at all.  My mood did lighten up though when I started talking to one of my really good friends and he was able to make me smile and turn my day around for me.

I gave up on my blog after some time and contemplated whether I wanted to go to a movie tonight, go to a bar or just save my money and do nothing.  I am sure you can guess which one won…saving money and doing nothing.  I called and let my mom know that I was still alive and tried very hard to not give my exact location away so thankfully it was a short conversation so I didn’t have to create too many lies.  Leaving the Starbucks, I sat in their parking lot and heated up a dinner of chicken, asparagus and peppers on my camp stove and ate that in my vehicle.

As I pulled out to drive to a Flying Js for the night Stacie called me up but it was difficult to focus on the insane roads of this city and talk to her so I had to let her go so I could focus.  It turns out that the Flying J was pretty full and also seemed very sketchy for a lot of the inside lights were shut off and it just felt off.  So I drove to a Walmart that didn’t seem to be any better but I was out of options unless I wanted to pay and so I stayed. The one really good thing is that for the first time in a while it was actually somewhat warm in my camper to the point where I really didn’t need my sleeping bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment