Thursday, February 22, 2018

Day 163



November 18, 2017                                                                                                      Day 163

My alarm sounded at 06:30 but I was up long before then for I was worried all night about a friend of mine who was traveling back from another country and who had yet to inform me he had made it home safely.  The first thing I did after my alarm sounded was to text him to see if everything was alright and thankfully he was safe and he just did not want to wake me up.  This morning I was going to join, Dawn (I guess I should give her a name to make it easy  :) ), at her Cross Fit gym and therefore marking this as the first time I will have ever done Cross Fit.

When we entered, there were already some people there and we milled around for some time waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.  Once everyone was accounted for, there were about five of us, we headed into the back room to begin the workout they had created for the day.  Since we had an odd number of people and this was my first time I would be shadowing Dawn with her workouts.   The workout that we did included: box jumps, sit ups, bike, thrashers, burpees and ski.  Starting out at 50 reps and working our way down to 10 reps.  From what I gathered it is based off of speed while also making sure to do the exercises properly and safely.  It took a good solid hour and a half for us to complete the workout and I was sweating pretty good and completely exhausted; however, I felt great!  I am very happy that Dawn had invited me to join in on her workouts and everyone there was super friendly and welcoming. 

After the gym we drove to Target to pick up a few items she needed and then we made our way back to her home.  At her home she took me out to see her three beautiful horses and then she let me take a shower which felt amazing.  When I came back downstairs from showering she was making us breakfast that consisted of eggs, peppers, squash and sausage which was delicious!  We sat on the coach and watched the new Spiderman movie while we ate and it was so relaxing to just sit there and not have to deal with anything and just relax.  

Once the movie was over and as Dawn started to get ready to go to a concert she said I could do a load of laundry before I left which I was extremely grateful for.  My clothes were not yet done drying when she had to leave but she said I could stay until they were finished and then came the part that I absolutely hate for its awkwardness and because I just don’t like saying goodbye.  She was super sweet and we both promised to keep in touch.  I believe I have acquired an amazing new friend and I look forward to our friendship growing with time.  Soon after she left my clothes were finished and I was on the road. 
 
First, I stopped at Trader Joe's to stock up on some groceries that I needed and thinking how I wished there was a Trader Joe's back in Wisconsin near my family.  It was while I was in the store that I remembered that I needed to buy stamps to mail out my postcards and that they had to be mailed out while I was still in Nebraska so that the post mark would read Nebraska and that way match up with the lie I am telling my family.  Therefore I decided to spend the night at a Loves truck stop and in the morning run to a store and buy some stamps to get those things mailed out. Before bed I watched a few episodes of the new season of Stranger Things on Netflix and then fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment