Monday, June 19, 2017

A spark.

Where to begin.  The beginning of anything is difficult.  Whether it is beginning a new job, a new life, or maybe even a new day.  For me, the beginning was a new adventure that I hoped would lead my life into a new and better direction.  Up until now my life has not been miserable and I would have to say I have been very blessed with an amazing family and support system.  There are millions upon millions of people who have it worse then me.  However, for me as the individual, I just got to my breaking point.  I could no longer handle the day to day issues that arose, I was not happy and the worst part was I was no longer a person I knew.

Over the course of three years I let people tear me down day in and day out until I lost all of my self-confidence.  It seemed like I could not catch a break either that anything that could go wrong would go wrong.  I will not go into detail of all that occurred that lead me to where I am now for I honestly do not have enough space to write it all down nor the desire to look back at it.  For some time I have been tossing around an idea in my head to leave it all behind and just go.  Go anywhere.  I don't think I really believed I would actually do what I thought, until one day.  I cannot remember when it was exactly but I know I was at my primary job when it happened. Sitting here now I can still feel what I felt that day.  The day I knew it all had to change.  It was like a freight train rammed into my chest and all I wanted to do was run... and keep on running. It just hit me how unhappy I was that I actually had a pain in my chest and that this is not who I am.  When did I loose that confident go get it woman that I used to be? What happened to her? How can I get her back?  I wanted to enjoy the things and people around me but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't.  I knew without I doubt that I could no longer stay here.

The leaving for me had always been an easy part.  I moved from place to place all the time since college but for some reason leaving Charleston was one of the hardest things I have done.  It was not because the place itself was so beautiful but instead for the first time I had let myself become friends with the people there.  Leaving them was harder than I thought it would be.  But it wasn't goodbye.  I know that I will see them all again.  Even if I didn't want to admit it I have come to call Charleston, SC home.

And so my journey begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment