Friday, June 30, 2017

Day 20

June 28, 2017                                                                                                                     Day 20

This morning I laid in bed until about 09:00 and then it started getting too warm within the camper.  Out and about I spend the better half of the morning and afternoon trying to plan places to stay at until July 4th.  By 14:00 I had to be out of my campsite so I took a shower and packed up camp.

Earlier this morning, I had made dinner plans with someone I met the other night and so I just hung out in the park until 17:00.  I got ready for dinner inside my vehicle and then headed out to pick my friend up.  We ended up having dinner at Don Dario's and spent the better part of the evening talking and eating.  When dinner ended, he said I could stop by the RV park they were at so that I could do some laundry which desperately needed to be done.

When I had entered the RV Park I hit a huge pot hole where the cement ended and when my laundry was done I went back out to assess the damage.  After snapping a few pictures and emailing them to my dad in Wisconsin he noticed right away what was wrong and it was not good.  Apparently, I completely snapped the spring shackle when I hit the hole and to fix it it needed to be welded back together. At this point, no one was open so I would have to camp out in the parking lot until morning when welding shops were open.  Since it was so bad there was no way I could drive it anywhere either so someone would have to come to me which would mean more money.

Oddly enough, ever since I started this journey when things go bad, like what just occurred, I no longer get upset and angry like I used to do.  I am strangely very calm about it and am like there is nothing I can do; what happens happens and I just have to deal with it.  It reminds me that this journey I am on is worth it and I am starting to become the person I once was which makes me happy. Without the stress of working two jobs and people putting me down all the time I have become relaxed and more accepting of the things that take place around me.  I used to come home every day dreading the morning to come for it just meant another day of work, stress and unhappiness.  Now, I go to bed content and exhilarated by the possibilities of the morning to come.

 


1 comment:

  1. It's like "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". Glad to hear you reached a place of equanimity. Looking forward to the journey vicariously!

    ReplyDelete