Saturday, July 1, 2017

Day 21

June 29, 2017                                                                                                              Day 21

Sigh....where to begin with today.  Sleep didn't really occur last night for the interstate was right outside and kept me up.  Along with that I felt like I had to sleep on the edge of my bed to compensate for the lean in my camper. By 07:00, I was on the phone trying to track down a welder that could come to me to fix my trailer.  In essence, I was on the phone until noon when a guy I had called earlier in the morning finally got back to me.  He informed me that he found a welder that can come to my location and he should be there by 13:00.

Throughout the entire time I was on the phone everyone from Joe's group came by to check on me and to talk to me.  Also Chad, who works at the RV park I was stuck at, stopped by multiple times to check on me.  He informed me that he is a welder himself and wish he had the tools so he could fix it for me.  He definitely went above and beyond to make sure I was alright.  When the welder finally showed up Chad came by to make sure I was okay and everything was going smoothly.  He stopped by twice more during the time the welder was there to check up and to assess the welders work.  It was comforting to have someone looking out for me and who knew what to look for so I wasn't being screwed over.

The welder, was an older gentleman who was tall and skinny with a spider handkerchief on his head.  He was quite the character who spoke the entire time he was working and let me know exactly what he was doing.  Afterwards, he even inspected my tire, rewired my trailer lights which he accidentally burned and helped me move my trailer around and hook it up to my vehicle.   When we parted ways he handed my card; apparently, he is an artist.

My original plan was to head to Houston, TX for three nights and get into the Natural History Museum for free. By the time my trailer was ready to rock and roll again it was after 14:00 and there was no way I would make the 3 hour trek to Houston to see the Museum.  Though the camping near Houston, TX was free when I thought about it it would be cheaper and less stress to just stay in the area and pay for camping then to pay for 6 hours worth of gas.

In the end, I stayed at the Bastrop State Park for $50.00 for two nights.  The area wasn't too bad but what made the place worth it were the showers.  They were like stepping into a resort not a state park.  After a day spent in the sun, sweating like crazy, the shower was a huge relief.  Once I was cleaned and content I skyped with my family for quite some time and ate leftover Mexican food while sipping on a Snapple.  Due to the great cell service I treated myself to Netflix before calling it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment