Sunday, July 16, 2017

Day 36

July 14, 2017                                                                                                            Day 36

The eerie silence of this place is what amazes me the most for I can literally hear the blood circulating in my ears it is so silent.  There are no birds singing or insects at night making any sort of noise.  I have not been anywhere yet that is so silent.

Waking up this morning I was cold but the beauty of the landscape took my mind off of that.  Since Ryan was not home I cleaned up my camper some and set up my portable shower and finally washed my hair; albeit the water was cold for I was not patient enough to let the solar shower sit in the sun to warm up.  Once he came back we set off to look at some properties he is interested in buying and then he showed me the earth ships.  It blows my mind what people can build homes out of and make them look so beautiful and yet so functional at the same time.

By the time we had driven around looking at properties, earth ships and talking with a friend of his who built his own home we were both quite hungry.  We decided to go to the brewery we were at the other day and both of us ordered a BBQ pulled pork sandwich with sweet potatoes fries.  While eating we talked about stocks and investments... Afterwards, we headed back to where he lived and my camper was stationed and since he was taking a nap I decided I should try to take one also.  Naps never really go to plan for me and soon I was up and writing in my journal.  Since it was somewhat chilly out I dressed in a sweater and pants and decided to boil some water for tea.  I messaged him to see if he was interested in joining me for tea and we spent the rest of the evening talking and looking at the night sky.

The sky here, like in Terlingua, is wide open and one can see every star and the milky way.  I could literally sit outside all night long looking up at the stars searching for satellites and shooting stars. I don't know what it is about the night sky that is so relaxing.




No comments:

Post a Comment