Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 31

July 9, 2017                                                                                                                   Day 31

I had good intentions but they failed me.  I was going to wake up and take pictures of the sunrise but when my alarm went off I was like nope not going to happen and went right back to sleep.  After I woke up, I met Brian at his home and we had steak and eggs for breakfast.  The plan for today was some more parties...somehow I feel like I have been to more parties in the last few days then I have been to in my whole life!

Anyways, after eating breakfast we took off on the bike to finally go see the scenic view he had been telling me about since I arrived.  The drive to the "high point" was beautiful and I have to tell you I absolutely love riding on the bike!  Though it does knot my hair up something awful I think I would like to own one or at least have someone who could take me on bike rides all the time.  Reaching the "high point" the view was spectacular.  One could see Mexico on one side of the river and Texas on the other side and needless to say I took many pictures.

On the drive back down while the wind whipped my hair around and the sun beamed down on my skin I felt so alive and I wished this feeling could last forever and just never end.  To prolong that feeling some more we stopped at High Sierra as we passed thru Terlingua to get a bite to eat before a birthday party we were going to.  There we shared a large salad that was to die for; it had lettuce (of course), seasoned beef, cucumbers, tomatoes, bacon, and blue cheese crumbles.  After paying the bill we got back on the bike and headed to the pavilion where the party was to be held at.

The birthday party was for a little kid so most of the adults just sat back and talked.  After awhile I was ready to get out of there.  I'm sorry but I just don't do well with screaming and crying children; unless I am forced to be in their vicinity I prefer to not be near them.   Since I really needed to shower we left and went into town to pay $2.00 to take a shower.  After that we picked up some more beer and went back to the pavilion for the Full Moon party! Party, party, party.

By the time we pulled in with the truck it was already packed with people.  Brain and I loaded our plates with food and sat down at a picnic table to eat.  Honestly, I was starving yet as soon as I sat down and took a few bites I was stuffed.  I think the heat and not really eating anything most of the day did a number on me.  All throughout the night local musicians played music and it seemed that everyone in town had some musical talent of some sort for there had to be at least 10 people with guitars alone. Near the end of the night the lights were shut off so that there was only moonlight and music.   It was pure heavenly bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment