Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Day 39

July 17, 2017                                                                                                                     Day 39

During the night I had decided that I was not going to go into The Great Sand Dunes National Park but instead just take the day to relax and gather myself.  Therefore, I slept until about 09:00 at which time it had become too hot to stay in my camper with the door shut anymore.  Opening the camper door, I didn't make it far at all I actually just laid back down and opened my laptop to watch some Netflix.

Eventually, I figured I should step outside since it was such a beautiful day.  I attempted to seal up the leaking areas I had discovered last night; however, the sealant I had didn't want to corporate but I think I got what I needed for a quick fix.  After that task was completed I wanted to take a shower since this was suppose to be a relaxing day.  Setting up my shower is quick and easy which I love and in a few minutes I had everything together that I needed.  I used almost all of the water I had left in the solar shower and afterwards spread baking powder on the floor to somewhat sanitize it and let it dry before packing it away.

My next "chore" (I love that to me this is now work :)) was to clean my dirty dishes which was a task I finished in less than five minutes while listening to the Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats radio station on Pandora.  By this point, after such exhausting work, I was starving for some food and sated my hunger with plain rice.  The rest of the day I literally just sat around going back and forth between watching Netflix and sitting outside reading my Dummies book for my camera.

As it was in Carson, New Mexico the landscape has an eerie calm about it and is so quite it makes one feel as if they are the only person left on this Earth.  One hears absolutely nothing but the wind and an occasional cow off in the distance reaching out to a member of its' herd.  Sitting there, just gazing out into the vast landscape, I decided that no matter where I end up I want to find a place that is this quiet.   Where I can be as tranquil and content as I am now in this moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment