Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 29

July 7, 2017                                                                                                              Day 29

Well I have been having so much fun that it is now July 10th and I have to recall all that I did the last couple days.  So lets see how much I can recall!

For at least an hour after I woke up this morning I debated on what I should do for the day.  I somewhat wanted to go for another hike but in reality I just didn't feel in the mood.  So instead I opted to keep Brian company at the office. While he did his thing I took the time to catch up with writing in my journal.  Sitting there while people came and went and I just wrote away was actually quite relaxing to say the least and even when I finished writing in my journal I was never bored.  For lunch we closed the office and drove down to the country store and bought some frozen Chinese meals and green teas to take back to the office.  Back at the office we ate our lunch and just talked about random things.

When work ended for Brian at 15:00 we got in the truck to go grab some dinner down at the lodge which is right next to the pool.  The plan was to meet up with a couple for some food and since we were early we took some beers from the cooler and went and sat down outside at a picnic table to wait. At one point, we went inside and order two bacon cheeseburgers with jalapenos and onions and took them back outside to wait.  Once the couple we were meeting arrived we all finished our food and took some beers down to the pool to relax.   There we sat around the pool talking and drinking and instantly I knew I liked them. They seemed so content and happy with where they are in life and so in love with each other.   I hope that one day I can be like them in spirit and also find someone that I can truly be myself around.

Leaving the pool, it was still early so Brian and I decided to head into Terlingua to grab a few drinks at High Sierra and then La Kiva. We stayed at La Kiva for quite some time talking with one of his friends and then it was time to head back.  When we got back we ended up laying down on the bed of the truck to watch the stars and boy do the stars shine in this area.  It is so amazing to have absolutely no city lights to interfere with the night sky.  To top it off, at night the air cools down to where it is comfortable enough to put on a sweater.  I live for nights like these.


No comments:

Post a Comment