Sunday, July 16, 2017

Day 37

July 15, 2017                                                                                                                    Day 37

Last night Ryan had invited me to join him for coffee in the morning so I set my alarm and got up early so I could gather all my things and prep for the next leg of my journey.  By 08:30, I was following him back into Taos to the coffee shop we had met at the other day.  There we both acquired a delicious cup of coffee and went outside to sit down and talk.  While we were outside, Ryan started talking to a gentlemen about earth ships and other things and then he brought up that I am on a trip and built my own camper.  The mans wife heard this and wanted to see my camper so I took them both out back and showed it to them.  From there we all talked for quite some time during which we all exchanged contact information and I planned to get in touch with the couple when I get to Arizona which is where they live.

When they took off I went back inside the coffee shop with Ryan to give my opinion on his business card and then we said our goodbyes.  Back on the road, my next destination was the Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado which was about a five hour drive.  The drive itself was quite challenging for it rained often and took me into the mountains which my vehicle greatly protested.  Entering Colorado the land was lush and green which normally is my favorite type of environment; oddly, I found myself missing the arid and barren landscape I had left behind.  I am hoping that it is just a temporary feeling and due to me being in that barren landscape for so long and that it will just take some adjustment to deal with this new environment.

Arriving at the national park, I went straight to the visitor center to buy my sticker and speak to one of the rangers about the tours and other activities in the park.  The woman informed me that the tours are $5.00 and fill up very quickly so if I want to get a ticket I should come back as soon as they open in the morning.  With all my information in hand and a plan to come back at 07:00 am I headed across the highway, literally, to the BLM land that I would camp at for free for the night.  Parked on a hill by a dead tree and on soil that literally felt like I was in the desert I made myself a sandwich and climbed into my camper.  There was some cell service so I started to update my blog; however, within less than a half hour I was too exhausted to continue and called it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment