Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Day 26

July 4, 2017                                                                                                           Day 26

Stepping out of my camper this morning the day was cool and beautiful and upon making a protein shake I decided to take out my yoga mat.  I did a few exercises to start the day off right and was completely relaxed.  I then headed down to the river to wash my dishes that I had accumulated and it was actually quite a peaceful task.  After I cleaned up the camper some I placed all  my blankets in the back of my car and headed up to do laundry and to shower.  I can not emphasize enough how much I like the showers here.  It is so nice to have a whole room to oneself.

Throughout the morning and early afternoon I contemplated what I should do.  I couldn't make up my mind if I should pay to stay another night or if I should go to a Walmart parking lot for the night.  I love the campground I am currently at but I have been spending a lot of money lately on campsites here in Texas and really need to save some money for my trip. In the meantime, I finished my shower and moved my blankets to the dryer and headed to the gas station to acquire a case of Lone Star and a bag of ice.  Back at my campsite, I opened a beer and tossed around staying or leaving.  I even called the office to ask if it would be okay to stay the night and when I would have to let them know.  Finally, I just decided to sit in my chair and see if a decision would come to me.

While sitting there contemplating that difficult decision (by the way, I love that that is my type of difficult decision nowadays) one of the men that were in the campsites next me by the river invited me to join them.  Walking over, we introduced ourselves and I found out that they live in the resort and are down by the river to cook out and celebrate the fourth of July.  It was a pretty sweet setup that they had and we all sat in chairs in the river having some beers. The rest of the evening was spent hanging out with everyone from the resort; having beers, talking, playing games, and shooting off fireworks.  During this time, one of the men called the office and made it so I could stay another night! Words can literally not express how thankful I am and how that is one of the kindest things anyone as done for me!

I have to say I am amazed at how lucky I am to keep finding such amazing and friendly people.  Everyone at the Alamo River RV Resort and Campground that I hung out with today were some of the nicest people I have met and they insistently made me feel like part of the group.  I went from spending the fourth of July alone in a Walmart parking lot to having one of the best fourth of July celebrations I have yet to take part in and made friends that I will never forgot.

If I ever come back to this area of Texas I am definitely staying at the Alamo River Campground!  When I arrived, I was not sure what to expect for I have never stayed at an RV place before and only just recently went into one in Austin.  The one in Austin was jammed packed all into one area and was just not inviting.  The place I stayed at was the complete opposite of that and I am truly thankful for that.  It is a large area with RV spots and a separate section for tent camping which is where I stayed.  The area is abundant in wildlife, a beautiful river runs thru it and the facilities are one of the best that I have been in thus far.  Along with all that, it is perfectly located on the outskirts of San Antonio so one can experience a quite clear night sky but yet be able to get into town in less than 30 minutes. Besides the Alamo River RV Resort being a must stay if you are in the San Antonio area what made it special were the people.  They made my entire stay worth whiled and helped me make memories and friends that I will keep with me forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment