Saturday, July 1, 2017

Day 22

June 30, 2017                                                                                                           Day 22

Blinding Heat.  It has completely surrounded me and is out to get me.  I woke up, already hot as hell, after a restless night of sleep due to the heat.  Temperatures have hit 100 degrees and the discomfort is an all day affair.

I spent all day inside my camper with the fan going and both my window and door open for a breeze.  By 09:00 it was already well into the 90's and I hate to admit it but there was no way I was going to to hike in this godawful heat.  So instead, I sat in my camper all day watching a series on Netflix and chugging water like it was my job.  If I stepped outside to run to my vehicle, for a water bottle swap, and forgot to put my sandals on my feet got burned.

Possibly due to doing nothing for the first time, in quite awhile, today I felt the most alone.  I kept looking at all the couples nearby and families and thinking that having someone to share this experience with would probably make the heat somewhat bearable.  However, this is a journey of self-discovery and when I think about it I actually enjoy the solitude and not having to work around someone else's schedule or wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment