Sunday, July 16, 2017

Day 35

July 13, 2017                                                                                                               Day 35

My alarm woke me up today at 06:30 so that I could get on the road by 07:00 to pick up Ryan's friend Kristin on my way thru Santa Fe to Taos.  Once I picked her up we talked most of the way to Taos about our lives and what we do.  Arriving in Taos we met up with Ryan at a coffee shop and all had a hot beverage before heading out to go hiking at a nearby mountain/ski slope.

The hike wasn't too long and although it was quite the elevation change for me I think I did quite well and was rarely out of breath.  The landscape was absolutely beautiful and looked like something that would be found in Switzerland.  Wildflowers grew abundantly everywhere, the grass was lush and green, birds sang all around and the air was crisp and smelled of fresh pine.  When we reached Williams Lake which was our destination it was mind blowing.  My mountains still contained patches of snow and throughout the hike it would rain or hail every once in awhile and the air took on a cool chill that made me wish I would have packed a long sleeved shirt. One could hear groundhogs all around and I even caught a glimpse of two of them.

After sitting on top of an overlook of the lake we headed back down to the vehicle and went to get a drink and some snacks.  From there we stopped at a brewery and to my surprise The Peterson Brothers who had played with Joe Taylor twice in Texas were about to play at the brewery! I wanted to hear them play but alas other plans were in the works.  Leaving the brewery, we drove around looking at the surrounding area and then ended the night with sitting in some hot springs.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment