Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 30

July 8, 2017                                                                                                                Day 30

This morning I again thought about going for a hike in Big Bend but since Brian was only working until 13:00 today I figured it was the perfect time to take advantage of internet service and type up the journal entries I wrote the other day.

The plan for today was originally for Brian and I to take the bike up to a scenic spot before the dinner we were all invited to at the couples place whom I met yesterday.  However, things happen and we somewhat ran out of time.  So we rode the bike into town and picked up some groceries for an appetizer he was making for the party and then dropped the bike off and picked up the truck.  From there we drove to their home.

Their home was absolutely fabulous! Apparently, they built the entire home themselves and I have to say it is one of the best homes I have yet to lay eyes on!  What I love the most is how unique it is and how it just seems to flow with the environment around it.  This would be the type of home that I would love to have, if I ever settle down that is! HaHa.  The party itself was a blast.  There were at least 12 people there by the time it ended and for the most part we all sat around a round table and talked, drank and ate.  We discussed how much easier it is to communicate with everyone at a round table versus a rectangular table and I decided right then and there that my home will have a round table.  Sitting there talking, it occurred to me how easily I spoke to everyone there.  Normally, I am quite shy and never really have anything to contribute to most conversations but tonight I don't think I ever shut up!  The people here are the friendliest people I have yet to meet and I am so blessed to have been able to spend time and get to know them. To try and describe how happy I was and how much I enjoyed my time at the party would just not do it justice.  To give you an idea the pictures below are their back yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment