Monday, July 3, 2017

Day 23

July 1, 2017                                                                                                           Day 23

Again with the heat though I do think it is a few degrees cooler than the other day.  I am now out of food or at least the milk needed for my protein shakes.  So to satisfy my hunger I toasted the last pieces of bread.  Then I did some workouts on my yoga mat which felt good even though the yoga mat got too hot for me to stand on after awhile.

By 13:00 I went to take a shower and get dressed for this evening. I was ready and rolling out of Bastrop State Park within the hour.  From there, I headed to Starbucks to soak up the AC while planning the next leg of my journey.  By the way, thank you Sarah for the Starbucks gift cards, you are a true life saver!  With my midnight mint frappachino in hand I sat down and started planning away.  Before I knew it hours had passed and it was already 17:00.

Leaving Starbucks I was so hungry I could have ate two whole pizzas.  I called up the nearest Walmart to see if I could spend the night in their parking lot.  Once they said I could I headed there to pick up some lunch meat, cheese, and ice.  In the parking lot, I made myself a sandwich and ate it on the way to Back 9 Bar.  Arriving at the bar, I ordered myself a drink and was shocked by how large the whole area was.  There were two outdoor bars, an indoor bar, a horseshoe section, a section for corn-hole, and a stage with a dance floor.  The rest of the night was spent catching up with Stacey and listening to the Peterson Brothers and then Joe Taylor.

The Peterson Brothers blew my mind with how talented they are at such a young age.  I believe the one is only 18 years old! The music all night long was beyond amazing and I do not believe I could have found better musicians anywhere else even if I tried.  Throughout the night, I was drinking a local beer called Lone Star and I was pleasantly shocked at how tasteful it was.  Even now just thinking about it I crave one.  At one point during the night, after Joe had left the stage and this other young musician took the stage, I had an interesting interaction with one guy.

I was sitting down completely content and happy to be alone listening to some amazing music and this guy just plops on down next to me.  I looked at him, thinking, "Is there something I can help you with?" After an odd second or two we shook hands and introduced ourselves and honestly I do not remember what his name was.  He then proceeded to ask me if I danced, which I followed by laughing and stating that I can not dance and am horrible at it.  His next question was, "Do you know how to two step?"   At this point, I kind of wanted to sarcastically say,  "well sir, that is a dance and would therefor follow under the category of I can not dance."  Instead, I was polite and said that I can not two step either.  He responded, "Well, I will teach you."  I will give him credit in being persistent!  In the end, he led me onto the dance floor and he taught me how to do the two step which was fun.  He kept trying to talk to me during the dance which I could hear nothing that he said so I just smiled and when the song ended thanked him and walked away.

The relief to be sitting back by myself was short lived.  For a guy, whom I met earlier and had bought me a shot, sat down right when I got done dancing with the other guy.  He began talking about who knows what.  Basically, I got that he sells tires and has two cell phones and wanted to give me his number.  So he wouldn't be hurt I took down his number (which I have already erased).  Wow, I was just reading over what I typed and I should like such a bitch. Haha.  But in all honesty, I am just not interested in dealing with men and just want to enjoy myself.

After he left, one of the girls from his group invited me to their table which I accepted.  They were all very nice and fun to talk to.  I would come to find out that their father is the owner of the bar and they informed me of some places I should check out while I am in town.   Unfortunately, due to the fact that I was now sitting at their table, which I will remind you is the same table as that guy, I had to therefore dance with him.  It was a slow song and they all got up to go dance and he dragged me out there also.  Sigh....what is with these Texas guys and dancing!

1 comment:

  1. Meghan
    You might not like to dance but when you dance with a guy and enjoy it. It is worth it! You want a guy that likes to dance. Great for the guys in TX
    mom

    ReplyDelete