Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Day 3

June 11, 2017                                                                                                                       Day 3

It took longer than I wanted to get here but I am finally on my journey. The amount of things that have gone wrong and continue to go wrong is endless.  Yet somehow I pull thru and keep on going, all I know, due to the huge support system I have.  As I head out on this journey, to a new beginning, I hope that it is all worth it.  I guess only time will tell.

I should start off mentioning that I am quite sure that instead of a spirit animal I have a spirit element and it is water.  Though unlike a spirit animal that usually signifies your strengths a spirit element is the exact opposite!  I have always loved the water; I drink it, I swim in it, I cannot survive without it.  However, lately I hate it with the utmost intensity. First, my car decided it wanted to convert into a swimming pool.  Second, my camper decided it didn't want to be left out and it also attempted to become one.  Third, my cooler wasn't in the mood to hold the water I told it had to hold and therefore it had a tantrum and leaked in my vehicle.  Fourth and hopefully lastly, for the first four days of the trip it rained every single minute of every single day.  Yep...I just love water. :-)

I apologize for that small rant. Lets it get back today shall we.  When I woke up this morning I had breakfast with my father before saying goodbye and once again "inching" my way down the road (due to the torrential downpour that made it pothole city). I  was headed to Royal Springs near O'Brien, Florida.  When I arrived there it was raining and there were quite a few kids.  Lets just say I am not that fond of children.  In a certain atmosphere they are all right but when they are running around screaming no thank you.  The spring itself was beautiful and I had originally planned to swim in it but due to it raining and already so late in the afternoon I decided I should find my campground before dark.

My campsite was Goose Pasture in the Aucilla WMA.  Anyone who knows me knows that whether it is finding a hotel or a campsite I, without trying to, always pick the most raunchy or secluded sites.  This site in particular was miles down a dirt road that became more or less a lake.  At times I literally had to get out with my muck boots on and make sure I would be able to drive thru the "puddle".  I finally made it and low and behold I was the only one there.  Who would have thought that?  I mean who wouldn't want to camp somewhere invested with flies, mosquitoes and its pouring down rain.  The perks were that I was alone, there were huge alligators, the spot was beautiful and most importantly I was on my own adventure.  Take a look at my first official camp set up!

1 comment: