Friday, June 30, 2017

Day 18

June 26, 2017                                                                                                                  Day 18

Waking up at the same time I usually do the young calves were by my camper.  I had to yell at them for they were licking my camper; finally, the same two adult females from yesterday came by and talked some since into the young-ens.  Since I wasn't going to shower this morning I headed into Decatur, TX to find a Starbucks so that I could have coffee and use their internet.  When I arrived, I had an extra shot of espresso put into my coffee like I always have had in the past and a delicious raspberry cake.

Unfortunately, trying to find somewhere to stay proved impossible for there was no free camping anywhere.  Sitting there I was absolutely freezing! At one point I got up and ran to my vehicle for a sweater and I was still so cold.  I finally said enough was enough and went and sat in my vehicle.  There I updated my blogs and after giving up on finding anywhere to stay I settled on going to Colorado Bend State Park to hike to Gorman Falls.  Arriving at the state park I was literally shaking from the amount of caffeine I had.  It never dawned on me when I ordered the double shot of espresso that I haven't had caffeine in quite some time and it might affect me.  Needless to say I had a lot of energy for the 3 mile hike ahead of me.

Afterwards, I drove to Marble Falls, TX and camped within a Walmart parking lot.  Sitting in my camper I found out that all the places I had wanted to visit in Texas (Hamilton Pool, Jacobs Well, etc.) one needed a reservation and to pay just to swim.  So far Texas has not been kind to  me in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment