Monday, June 19, 2017

Day 2

May 16, 2017                                                                                                                      Day 2

I awoke this morning before the sun and ambled down to the river while munching on wheat thins since I have yet to buy a pot and pan in which to cook on.  It was peaceful watching as the mist slowing disappeared off of the water. Once the mist was gone I headed back to my camper and was out of the campsite by 07:15. Shortly after leaving I stopped at Juniper Springs and it was there that I realized how much I truly miss bird-watching.  I was walking on the boardwalk and right away I disturbed two turkeys that were roosting, a beautiful swallow-tailed kite, three sand-hill cranes, and a woodpecker feeding its young.  I was slightly irritated with myself for not bring my binoculars so that I can determine what species of woodpecker it was! Oh and I also spotted a warbler which I believe may have been a yellow-throated warbler due to it being a year round resident.

Leaving the springs, I then drove to Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach both of which I was not all that impressed with.  To me they both reminded me of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin in that it was designed for tourists.  I did really want to see the Kennedy Space Center but due to cost and my limited time I did not think it wise to spend that much.  Plus on my list of things I want to see and do it was not at the top.  By the time I was standing in the North Atlantic Ocean, on some unknown beach, I was starving and bored.

Arriving at my dads place in Florida the rest of the evening was spent showcasing my camper and discussing ways to create an awning, fix the door, and some other things that needed to be done to get me back on the road. Now, I will skip the month I discussed in my first blog and begin where my adventure truly begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment