Monday, October 2, 2017

Day 110

September 26, 2017                                                                                                Day 110

Waking up this morning I was oddly quite awake though I felt I had been up all night due to the nightmares I had. The first one woke me up for I was crying because my mom told me she was leaving us for good and it felt like a death sentence.  The second one, dealt with one of ex-boyfriends who blatantly ignored me near the end of the relationship (not informing me that in his mind we were over) and in the dream turned out having a girlfriend while still technically being with me.  The third and final one, was very strange and involved dinosaurs and someone I don't know in real life but I was with in the dream and him deciding to leave me.  So after all those crazy dreams the fact that I was not tired was intriguing to me.

In any case, I got up and made my bed then boiled some water for a cup of coffee.  While I let the coffee steep I brushed my teeth and then my hair which I then sprayed a bunch of dry shampoo into to try and make it look presentable.   Once I had picked out my outfit for the day, which involved "real" clothes, I threw it all in the front seat of my vehicle and climbed in.  There I put up my windshield sun blocker thing up and a towel in the driver side window and proceeded to get dressed in my black pants, cowboy boots, light blue shirt and my favorite black leather jacket.   By 07:30, I had my coffee in one hand and was on my way down the mountain to the town of Oakhurst.

When the post office opened up at 09:00 I walked in to retrieve the package my mom had sent me and I mentioned to the lady who was helping me that I also wanted to make an appointment for obtaining a new passport.  She informed me that the lady who would take the appointment was the woman right next to her but I could not physically talk to her now to set up the appointment.  Instead I have to leave the room and call the number she gave me to make the appointment or I would have to wait until their online site was up and running at the end of the week.  I just looked at her completely dumbfounded that I had to leave the room to make an appointment with a woman who is literally three feet in front of me!  So...I stepped out and as I made the phone call I could literally hear the phone ringing in the other room and the woman picking it up.   The appointment was made for 13:00 that day so that I could look over all my paperwork to make sure I had everything in order.

In the meantime, I first opened my package and went thru the paperwork I had been sent and then I proceeded to check out the other contents of the package.  The thing I treasured the most and had been waiting for had arrived; my copy of The Bronze Horseman novel!! I have only read the book at least three times but it is one of my favorites and I never tire of reading it.  Afterwards, I drove to the grocery store to acquire some food in the form of: apples, carrots, caramel (for the apples of course), banana chips, six eggs (to make into hard-boiled eggs), bagels, cream cheese, fruit jello snacks and applesauce.

At 13:00 I went into the post office for my appointment and I do have to say the lady there was quite rude and made it seem like I was an inconvenience to her.  In any case, I got my photo taken, my license copied, my paperwork taken and then I had the pleasant job of paying the lovely price of $150.00 for all of it.  Apparently when you get your passport application done at a post office they like to charge you their own fee on top of the cost of the passport. Oh, if anyone is wondering how I am going to get my passport while I am on the road I am not.  I am having it sent to my parents house and if I end up needing it I will then give them a post office in which to send it to.  Now that I think of it I don't know if I have explained how I go about acquiring mail while on the road.  For those who are curious, I simple look ahead to where I may be in a weeks time and call post offices in that area looking for one that accepts "general delivery."  Once I find a post office, I then inform my mom or whoever is sending me mail to have it addressed to me and then under my name put "general delivery" and that post offices address.  When I go to pick it up I just give them my driver ID card and wallah I have my mail!

With everything taken care of in Oakhurst I drove back west in the direction of the coast and decided to park for a night at a Pilot Truck Stop.  When I pulled in I parked on the side of the road so that the truckers had all the spaces they needed.  I then sat in my camper devouring my book which now that I think about I am not so sure it was a good idea to have her send it to me for now I seem to get nothing done because all I want to do is read the book. Ha.  All day long I had only eaten an apple with caramel, some cookies, a few pringels and a cream cheese bagel but strangely I was not that hungry and I was not feeling the greatest either.  I skyped with my dad in Wisconsin for I wanted to show him the trim on my camper that has begun to come off and get his take on that along with my gas can that sprang a leak.  So we went over all of that and he was and has been so helpful with all the issues that have come up along the way that I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him to help me out!   After our conversation, I wanted to update my blog since I had service but I was not feeling the greatest and decided to just call it a day; however, I ended up reading my book until 22:35.




No comments:

Post a Comment