Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Day 131

October 17, 2017                                                                                                          Day 131

I slept better knowing no one would come bother me and there were no parking lot lights blaring thru my curtains either.  I was warm and all snuggled under my blankets until about 08:00 at which point I put on some jeans, re-braided my hair and sat in my vehicle until both it and I warmed up.  Leaving the turnout I drove back to Troutdale.

Parking in the mall lot I walked to the downtown district and into the General Store.  First, I used the restroom where I brushed my teeth and then I went upstairs where the camper ornaments were that mom wanted as my Christmas ornament this year.  To make sure I got the one she wanted I called her up and we skyped again so that I could show her the ornaments.  It was quite the hilarious affair and once a decision was made I hung up with her and went back downstairs.  There I purchased the ornament along with a cinnamon roll and a pumpkin spice white chocolate mocha.  Then I went and sat outside and began skyping with mom again while I ate my roll and sipped on my mocha.  We talked for about an hour about things that were going on back home and it made me miss being home with everyone but I really enjoyed the conversation.  When I left the General Store I walked to the Rip Caswell gallery and went in.  There I spend a good hour or so looking at the beautiful bronze sculptures and talking to the man who ran the jewelry portion of the shop.

When I got back to my vehicle it was now time for me to drive to the Jantzen Beach RV Park where I had made a reservation from October 17 to October 20.  It was a quick forty minute drive to the RV Park and pulling in was somewhat confusing for they were re-paving the road and the signage was not all that helpful.  When I got to the office there was only one woman working to check in people and there was a line so I waited.  When it was my turn it took some time for they had two reservations for me and neither of them had the right vehicle down for me.  One said I had a full size RV and the other said I had a truck camper.  Once we got that all straightened out and had the truck that was parked in my spot moved I could back in and get on with my day.

Once I was backed into my spot I tore all the blankets and sheets off of my bed and threw them in my vehicle and drove to the laundry room.  The machines were small so I had to do two loads that cost $2.00/each.  As those were washing, I went about taking all the clothes out of my vehicle and placing them in my camper along with everything else that was in my vehicle: it was nice being able to see my backseats for a change.  Then I took wipes and cleaned out my vehicle of all the dust and dirt.  As the timer went off I went and put the blankets in the dryer for an additional cost of $2.00.  While that was drying I drove to a sketchy car wash to vacuum out my vehicle that has not been cleaned since I left Florida.  I also decided to wash my vehicle but that proved to be pointless and a waste of time and money.  At least now, my vehicle is clean inside and smells great also...sigh, what a great feeling! When I got back to the RV park I put all my clothes and everything else back into my vehicle neatly.

I then drove back to the laundry room, I should mention it is a quick walk from my site but it has been raining non stop and I prefer to not have my clean things getting wet, where I removed my clean and dry blankets and threw in two loads of clothes to wash.  While they were washing I went and took a boiling hot shower that I could have stood under the spray of the water for an eternity.  It is such a great feeling to have hot water fall over ones' skin and to finally be able to shave and apply lotion to smooth skin.  After the shower was sadly over with I switched my clothes to the dryer and drove to my site to start the arduous task of making my bed.   By now I was starving so I made some rice and corn so I could eat something before a meeting I had.  Right at 17:00, I had my meal cooked and was sitting in my camper with my computer ready for the meeting.  My fitness coach and I spoke for some time about the programs and what each one entails and after we hung up I had already decided on one and began figuring out how to attack this meal plan situation.

Once the phone call ended, I went and folded my laundry and put on warm pants and a sweater for all day while my clothes were washing I was walking around in shorts and it was quite chilly!  From there I cleaned up some more and when I was back inside my camper I called my dad in Florida to catch up with him since it had been some time since we spoke.  After our conversation I messaged my little brother and then tried to go to sleep though I was not all that tired.




No comments:

Post a Comment