Thursday, October 5, 2017

Day 116

October 2, 2017                                                                                                            Day 116

Again I could not get to sleep last night spending the majority of it tossing and turning about.  Eventually I did succumb to sleep and woke up at 06:00 to the sound of my alarm going off; however, I did not actually get up and get dressed until 06:30.  As I sat in my vehicle, with the sun slowly coming up in front of me, I typed in the directions to Alamere Falls.  When the directions pulled up it said it would be almost a four hour drive in which I would have to go down and around the bay and then thru the heart of San Francisco. It dawned on me that it made no sense to drive to a total of eight hours when I can be only two hours from it when I come and hit highway 1 from above the bridge.  So there would be no hiking today. I swear I will do this hike before I leave the area!

Instead I drove into the town of Livermore and stopped at a Lowe's store where I went in to use the restroom and buy the bolts I needed to re-secure the trim on the back hatch of my camper. On the way out of the store I spoke with my mom about what was going on back home and after we hung up I sat in my vehicle reading my book until 10:30.  For at 10:30, the Panda Express near me would open up and I was craving some Chinese food and was ravenous.  There I devoured my entire meal and then I drove to the town library where I planned to spend the day.

The library was a nice and quiet library that had sections for students and for readers along with a little cafe of sorts.  I chose a spot in the back hidden by shelves of books and that faced a window.  There I sat updating my blog, texting a friend, updating my financial excel sheets and reading my book while waiting for pictures to upload. Eventually, I noticed the sun getting lower in the sky so I packed up and walked back to my vehicle.  It was a little after 17:00 at this point and I made a quick stop at a gas station to put one gallon of gas in my gas can to test whether it would leak or not.

Back at the couples home I immediately tested the gas can and found out that where the seal had not properly set (for it harden faster than anticipated the other day) it was leaking slightly.  So without much ado I had to say good bye to my jerry can that was only three months old.  During this process, the husband had come out and invited me in to watch the game and have some supper.  After I threw the gas can away I followed him inside where his wife offered me a delicious bowl of soup along with some toast.  While I ate, her and I sat in the dining room talking and it was oddly very relaxing. After some time had passed her husband came into the dining room noting he noticed he was alone in the other room so we replied that we would be with him shortly. :) When we were all in the living room we watched football but actually spent the majority of the time talking about their grandchildren, my trip, family and a lot of other topics.  It was so nice to be sitting in a living room with a game of football on the TV and all of us just talking; makes me miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment