Monday, October 2, 2017

Day 113

September 29, 2017                                                                                                    Day 113

This morning I awoke tired and not looking forward to spending the day trying to find a place to stay again.  Why must California be so difficult?  At some point, around mid-morning, my friends' cousin called me to offer up some suggestions on places to see within the San Francisco area and to inform me that if I am looking for hotels to look near the Lafayette area.  She also told me that she knew a couple, who are friends of hers, that live in Livermore on two acres of land and may be able to house me.  So she got in touch with them and then sent out an email to all of us to connect us.  From there, I emailed the husband explaining my situation and if there was any way that I would be able to stay on their property for a few days.  He responded to me quite quickly that they have room for me.  I cannot express the relief that went thru me knowing I have found a place to stay that is safe and that I can leave my camper while I go explore the area.

Before I left my spot on the side of highway 1 I heated up a small can of baked beans and ate it all in one sitting.  Then I headed in the direction of Livermore which was approximately three hours away with traffic.  It was a slow drive due to the intense amount of traffic and I never saw any gas stations until I was already past them and me being the way I am I do not like turning around and going back.  So it was no surprise when my low fuel light came on and now I was hoping I would not run out of fuel on the bridge. Thankfully, I did not run out of fuel before I got to a gas station and once I was fueled back up I arrived at the couples home around 17:30.

As I pulled up the driveway I was greeted by a very cheerful man who instantly started talking to me and I followed him in my vehicle as he walked around his yard to show me how I can do a loop and park without having to back up.  I knew instantly that I would like him and his wife and they were beyond welcoming.  As soon as I stepped out of the vehicle I was ushered inside and offered wine and snacks.  We then sat there talking for some time discussing each others lives and I was shown their beautiful garden which I am completely envious of.  After some time, I did not want to be an inconvenience to them since I just kind of popped into their day and I didn't want to disrupt any plans they had for the evening so I went out to my camper for the night.  I am always amazed at the generosity of the people I meet and it is nice to know that there is still some good out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment