Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Day 129

October 15, 2017                                                                                                        Day 129

When I woke up this morning I changed into the jeans I had laid on top of during the night to keep warm.  Speaking of being warm I slept quite well last night and woke up all cozy!  As I stepped out of the vehicle it was a beautiful fall day but the wind was something wicked.  After I made some coffee in my camper and went into the travel center, to use the restroom and spray dry shampoo in my hair, I drove across the road to the shopping center.  However, before I get into that part of my day I want to mention that while I was in the restroom I met a woman who asked if I was traveling.  When I responded that I was she went on complaining about being on the road and how difficult it is and how she regrets doing it.  Apparently, she is traveling with either her dad or her boyfriend (I couldn't figure out which one) for three weeks in a truck and on top of it all is pregnant.  She was not having any of it though and as she told me about her situation and the difficulties of being on the road I thought to myself that I have become quite adapt to being on the road and actually enjoy it.  I have found out that I really don't need a shower everyday and I can go without a lot of things.  True it would be nice to wake up warm and go to bed warm every day, have a shower whenever I want and not have to search for a restroom; however, I was made for life on the road.  If I am somewhere too long I become bored and anxious and I like the feeling of not knowing what I am doing each day or where I will be.  Every day I feel myself growing stronger and more independent.

Back to the day at hand.  I sat in my vehicle, in the parking lot, talking with my mom until the stores opened up at 10:00 for the day.  Then I went looking for some fall boots to wear when I get to Seattle for I would prefer to not ruin my cowboy boots by walking around in the rain or snow.  Walking in and out of the stores made me realize how long it has been since I went clothes shopping (I think over a year now) and how I am in desperate need of new clothes!  In the end, I  didn't find any boots but made the mistake of walking into an Eddie Bauer store and came out with a wonderful pair of hiking winter pants: though I really wanted a lot of other items that were there!

From there I walked up the interstate a little ways to enter downtown Troutdale.  It was a quaint little area, walking into the General Store I ordered a marion berry danish and an old time root beer and sat down at a corner to eat it and message a friend.  Afterwards, I spent the next couple hours looking around the store at all its little knickknacks and they had some really cute things.  At one point, I skyped with my mom for they had fake Christmas trees set up around the store with ornaments and every year my mom buys everyone an ornament to symbolize something that happened that year.  So I walked up to each tree with my mom on skype and we went ornament shopping together which was a blast!  It's amazing what one can do these days with the technology.

Leaving the store, I was heartbroken to find out that the gallery I wanted to see was not open like their site said and wouldn't be open until Tuesday.  So I went to a Dairy Queen and got a concrete blizzard and fries which wasn't what I was really craving.  I had nothing else to really do so I just went back to the Travel Center and finished watching my TV show.  All day I felt lonely and had way too much energy but nowhere to put it.  Eventually,  I would just decide to head to bed but before going to bed I climbed out of my camper to find a piece of paper taped to my vehicle telling me to leave the parking lot immediately for it is only for DOT vehicles.  That just pissed me off for there were over 250 spots in the trucking lot and I was in a different lot that was for campers and other big vehicles and there were plenty of spots so I said fuck them and stayed the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment