Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Day 132

October 18, 2017                                                                                                         Day 132

My alarm sounded at 05:00 for me to get up and go work out and it couldn't have come at a better time for I was having a bad dream.  To my surprise, I got up and walked to the bathroom and then went to the small gym at the park.  There I ran 2.2 miles which took me forever to do and then I did 5.5 miles on the bike.  It was a pathetic workout in my mind but one has to start somewhere right?

From there I went and took another blissful shower and this time I blow dried my hair and straightened it even though it was raining outside and would probably just start curling. Once I was dressed and back at my camper I kind of just moseyed around for it was still pretty early and looking at Lyft and Uber prices for a ride into town kind of upset me for it was around $15.00! So I sat in my vehicle to warm up, waste time and contemplate the situation.  I was oddly nervous about going into Portland, though I do not know why, and eventually just had to do it so I called a Lyft for a ride.   The ride itself was relaxing for the guy didn't talk to me and he just played Jimmy Buffet which I would hear once again today.

Being dropped off at the Voodoo Doughnut place I just felt a bad vibe for their were homeless people everywhere and everything about the area seemed gritty.  Inside the the ATM machine didn't work and they only accepted cash so I had to use the ATM that was in the alley.  Once I had my pothole doughnut in hand I stood outside eating it for all the seating outside was wet and there was no seating inside.  After I had consumed its deliciousness I used my phone to guide me to the Pioneer Place Mall and walked quickly for I just didn't feel comfortable.  I arrived a little before the shops opened so I just sat inside and waited. Once they opened I would find that none of them had any fall boots and the mall itself was very lacking. 

I sat around for an hour talking with my mom and really not doing anything.  A big part of me wanted to just go back to my camper but I had paid quite a bit to get here and was not about to just turn back around.  From Pioneer Place, I walked to The Old Towne Pizzeria which they say is haunted by a ghost but I don't believe in any of that.  There I ordered two beers and ate a small BBQ pizza which was very good.  I have noticed that the further North I go the less people seem to talk to me where in the South everyone was talking to me and asking me questions.  So needless to say I was quite bored for I had tried to start a conversation with the bartender but that didn't last long.  As I left, I walked to the waterfront park and talked to my grandma while simultaneously looking for a restroom and then called a Lyft.

As soon as I was dropped off at my vehicle I drove right down the street to DSW to look for fall boots.  Of course all the ones I really liked they did not have in my size so after spending an hour talking and skyping with my mom to get her thoughts, since I didn't care for any of them enough to really make an executive decision, I bought a pair that would do.  I then decided to try and call the post office just to see if my packages had arrived and to my surprise they were both there!  I drove there then and picked them up and it felt like an early Christmas to me.

At my camper, I opened up my sleeping bag and crawled in it immediately and it was like Heaven!  I sat in that the rest of the evening while I went thru my Shakology box and read up on the information pertaining to the meal portions.  I was then going to update my Excel sheets but due to having no sunlight lately my battery is apparently too low to charge my dinosaur of a computer. I then took to uploading workouts onto my phone...or at least trying to for that too was slow.



Bavarian creme filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment