Monday, October 2, 2017

Day 115

October 1, 2017                                                                                                            Day 115

This morning I woke up again before my alarm went off at 07:30 and got dressed to go to breakfast with the couple with whom I have been parked on their property the last couple days. We all sat down at what I believe the husband called an "old person eats" and ordered some food.  I had two eggs, hash browns, bacon and two biscuits which I devoured all while we talked about their grandchildren.  They ended up paying for my meal and I honestly can not thank them enough for how kind and generous they have been to me.  It warms my heart deeply.  After breakfast, we all went to a hardware store for they needed to get something and I needed to get some J. B. Weld to try and fix my gas can.  Then they drove me around showing me their beautiful town which was so adorable for people put sweaters on trees and everyone seemed to have a beautiful lawn.

Back at the house, we attempted to fix my gas can; however, we realized there were actually two leaks instead of just one and the J. B. Weld stuff hardens very quickly! After that I retired to my camper for it was too late to really go anywhere and start a hike yet today.  I let them continue about their day and stayed in my camper trying to update my blog but failing, trying to sleep but failing also so finally I gave up.  I went and made a half a cup of rice and ate that all while talking to a dear friend of mine.  The day went by slowly and uneventful so when 19:00 came and darkness fell upon my camper I tried to sleep but sleep would not come.  

My mind went from many things and when I first tried to fall asleep it began thinking how funny it is that most of the summer I had waited and hoped for September to come so that I could see someone I cared deeply for again.  Now that it has arrived and passed it was just another ordinary month so to speak.  As much as I try to ignore the hurt it does hurt caring for someone and thinking you are in something together and on the same mindset only to realize you are the fool. That to the other person you don't even exit, to that person you are no more than someone you pass by on the street and glance at for a second and forget all about them.  Yet for it I am stronger but my trust in others is gone and I will no longer let my heart go so easily. When my mind would not settle I turned to reading my book and trying to sleep again only to return back to my book.  Finally, around 23:00 I was able to fall asleep and not wake up until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment