Monday, October 2, 2017

Day 111

September 29, 2017                                                                                                     Day 111

When I woke up this morning around 09:00 (the latest I have slept in until for quite some time) I was beyond exhausted and did not want to get up.  It was getting warmer outside and hence warmer in my camper to the point where it was getting uncomfortable so since I could not go back to sleep I got up.  There was a cinnabon place inside the Pilot Truck stop and I really wanted one but I told myself, no.  I needed to save what money I have for more important things.  So instead of going in and buying one I prepped my camper for travel, filled up my gas tank and hit the road.

My plan was to stay at the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park for the evening and then hit up the University of California: Santa Cruz.  Originally, I wanted to stay somewhere along the coast but in order for that to happen I would have to stand in line and wait until 14:00 to see if I "made the cut" and was able to get a spot inside the park. Since I prefer to not take a chance with my living situation and I was still under the weather I went to the Henry Cowell State Park and paid $35.00 to stay the night.

As I pulled into the park, around 12:30, I picked out my spot next to the showers and went and paid.  After I backed up my camper I was at this point very exhausted though I did nothing at all and just wanted to shower and go lay down.  The shower facility was not the cleanest nor was it the worst I have seen.  I deposited two quarters in the box beside the shower to start it up and it was suppose to run for two minutes.  Well the water was ice cold and did not even come close to being warm until the two minutes were up.  So now I was irritated I just wasted .50 cents and deposited two more quarters and climbed under the spray of water.  I just got the shampoo in my hair when it went off again and I stood in the cold ceramic shower, shaving my legs, thinking I would have preferred to use my solar shower instead.  With my legs shaved, I deposited an additional .50 cents and quickly rinsed and put conditioner in my hair and rinsed that out quickly also.

Though the shower experience was anything but enjoyable I did feel somewhat better being clean.  I tried to take a nap but of course as soon as I closed my eyes this stupid squirrel decided it wanted to pick the tree branch right above my camper to announce to the world this was his spot.  In the end, I gave up trying to nap and made a bagel and also ate a carrot.  I had no cell phone service where I was so I couldn't look anything up for planning so to pass the time I read from my novel and at 19:40 I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment